add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need help with my phanteks evolv shift!!!

Ewgk
  • 29 days ago

Ok so without even thinking I ordered a used Gtx 1070 Zotac amp edition off eBay. In great condition super happy with it. What I didn’t take into account was the dimensions. The case I will be building in is the Evolv shift air. Now I know my gpus length is ok, but the height is where I think the problem is. I really want to be able to put two fans on the provided side mounts and have the gpu in there but I’m starting to think that’s going to be a problem. If anyone has used this card in this case I’d super duper appreciate it! Here’s the link to the parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mXw7T I really hope everything fits but this is one of the tallest cards I’ve seen

Comments

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

I assume you mean be able to put fans on the front panel? One up top and one in the compartment below. If so, you should be fine I expect. I have a Strix GPU in which is is slightly thinner, but not by much but there is still couple of cm play between the bracket the GPU is held in and the fans. Abit this is in the Shift X, but AFAIK that only changes dimension height wise.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Noctua Slim fans, A12 x 15mm. Not aesthetically pleasing but 40% smaller than the fans you have. You can improve looks and add RGB with the Phanteks Lux Halos fan frames.

I have never owned this GPU but I do have the case. I liquid cool mine and to fit in an extra radiator that clashed with the GPU I had to get slim fans instead of regular thickness.

Also as Radox Suggested, you have flexibility with the GPU bracket - there are some screws there, take them out and you can shift or re-orient your GPU if needed.

If I can get a 30mm Radiator, 15mm Fan, and a monstrous 2080TI Gigabyte Aorus Waterblock in there I am sure the Zotak card will be doable.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube