add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Core i9 9900k or 9900kf

Diego_613
  • 1 month ago

Hello Im building a pc with a core i9 and a gtx 2080 or 2080ti. What is the difference between the i9k and i9kf? The core i9 9900k is back ordered till march and I can get the kf shipped immediately. Is there any different that I should be worried about?

Side note: Ive also seen many reviews of the core i9 9900kf where they received a fake processor. Is this still an issue or has intel worked out its supply?

Reference: https://superuser.com/questions/1508226/how-do-i-install-this-weird-looking-i9-9900kf-i-bought

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

What is the difference between the i9k and i9kf?

KF has the integrated graphics disabled.

Side note: Ive also seen many reviews of the core i9 9900kf where they received a fake processor. Is this still an issue or has intel worked out its supply?

That is a seller or buyer issue not an Intel issue.

Sellers seeing low supply and ship a false unit to make a few quick bucks.

Buyers not realizing "F" means no graphics so they think its a broken CPU.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So if purchased directly from amazon “shipped and sold by amazon” it should be fine

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You are protected anyway. There is no guarantee with electronics you receive a product that works. In theory you should be A-OK.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

But there is no disadvantage to it? Its 30 cheaper on amazon for the kf version.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If you are uncertain, just get 9900K or KS

• 1 month ago
  • -1 points

I don’t believe there is a KS

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The i9 9900ks is a $1 more than the standard i9 9900k, right now. The i9 9900kf is too much.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu/#C=8&B=91000000000,220000000000&s=61&F=21

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Are you close to a microcenter? 9900k is in stock for $469, I have seen them as low as 449 but usually just a spot sale lasting a day at a time. KF would be fine for you with a GPU, but traditionally they have been more expensive - doesnt make sense. Skip the KS... what a waste.

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately I am not closest micro center to me is a state over in California. 9900kf is currently 478 on amazon for me and the 9900k is out of stock till march 3rd.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Sometimes Best Buy has the 9900k in stock at their store.

As far as your link goes. Happenings like the processor getting stolen during the shipping process is why I buy parts directly from amazon and not a 3rd party seller like SpicyBomb.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube