add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Yvng_Drip

1 month ago

I'm a console skrub trying to join the master race. I have a budget of about $600-650. I want a computer to run pc games like Destiny 2 and Just Cause 3 at 1080p 60fps. Any suggestions are greatly welcome.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

A bit over budget, but should be decent: PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $120.98 @ Newegg
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $86.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $52.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $87.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB Twin Fan Video Card $229.99 @ B&H
Case Deepcool MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $34.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA GD (2019) 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $55.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $689.90
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $669.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-11 13:51 EST-0500
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

USA?

OS/extras needed?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes USA and I'm gonna need windows 10 but I put money aside for that.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $119.99 @ Walmart
Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $59.99 @ Amazon
Memory OLOy 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $56.99 @ Newegg
Storage HP EX920 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $72.49 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB Twin Fan Video Card $229.99 @ B&H
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case $44.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $53.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $638.42
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-11 13:53 EST-0500

max settings then :)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If OP is happy at 60+ fps, either of those lists with a 1650 Super GPU should manage a solid 60+ and will come in real close to $600.

Just make sure it's a Super and not the base 1650, which was kind of a dog for its price.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

...only because,i understand that you want something more promising,and future proof,i will propose you something REALLY decent,just remember this rule = MANY PEOPLE ARE PLEASED,WHEN THEY START WITH CHEAPER PC PARTS,ESPECIALLY MOTHERBOARD,CPU,PSU WITH LOWER WATTAGE,OR SLOWER SSD,BUT WHEN THEY NEED TO UPGRADE THEIR SETUP,THE ISSUES THEY REALISE THAT MUST SURPASS ARE MORE THAN CAN THEY AFFORD ... (in the link you will see,let it as last,read first these,trust me ! )

In specific,i will propose you this motherboard,because the power phases it has,will help you in the future,to better implement with CPU Overclocking,and be more "stable proof" in operation. Also,this motherboard lacks wifi-connectivity,WHICH I DID IT IN PURPOSE,because,whenever you have more money in future,you can just add THIS specific PCI-E WIFI CARD,that has next generation wifi6 technology,and being your setup more future-promising = https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yXsnTW/fenvi-pcie-wifi-card-next-gen-wi-fi-6-mu-mimo-ofdma-ax200-80211ax-pci-adapter-for-pc-network-wireless-pci-e-card-2x2-24ghz-5ghz-bt-50-24-gbps-11ax-ofdma-cnvi-wlan-wi-fi-miracast

Also,i chose in purpose the ryzen 3600 cpu,because it is also more future promising,FASTER,and latest technology.Also,you may never consider buy again a newer cpu,exactly because it is the latest technology,which means you save some money in future.

(Whenever you will need to make a serious Overclocking in future,and save some money for that,you may consider add THIS specific cpu cooler,it is rated for 360watt TDP,it is much better than many other more expensive and advertised = https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qs6BD3/thermalright-cpu-cooler-truespirit140power ) For now,you are ok as a start,with the cooler included with cpu.

Also,i chose IN PURPOSE stronger in Wattage PSU,because whenever you will need to upgrade your setup as Nvidia SLI,or Crossfire,with TWO GPU cards,the demandings will be fulfilled at once,AND YOU WILL SAVE money again,only because you will not have the need to buy a stronger in future PSU,to fulfill that option.Also,i realise it is a little more expensive,BUT PLATINUM CERTIFIED,and better in quality.

I chose THIS specific PC case,because in those money,you will not buy a better modern case,with plenty of options in further upgrading it.I also pre-checked the cpu cooler height limitation,it is 170mm,will be just for the cpu cooler i proposed earlier. Also,it has some fans pre-installed,perhaps you will not need to search for another fans,or make the effort to buy another fans,you will feel as a start more confident.

This CHEAP 16gb 1 ram stick,AS A START,will fully cover your possible needs. Exactly because it is cheap,WHENEVER find yourself with bigger demandings in future,you may consider buy extra ram kit,or put better ones,58 dollars is a small amount to make it dismiss in future,for better RAMs.

I also realise,that this specific NVME SSD,is somehow expensive,and not very big in capacity,but it is REALLY FAST !!! ... AND ALSO, PCI-E 4.0 latest technology,that implements PERFECTLY with PCI-E 4.0 technology this X570 motherboard has. WHENEVER find yourself with bigger demandings in storage capacity,you may make only ADDITION of another ssd or HDD,as you like,AS A START ONLY,IT WILL SUFFICE FOR ENTERING OS AND SOME PROGRAMS,WITH SOME ROOM SPARED,500GB IS CONSIDERED "OK" AS A START.

And,finally,i already pre-checked your game demandings,in Destiny 2 and Just Cause 3 at 1080p 60fps,into Game-Debate Webpage,and this cheaper GPU,will suffice for that purpose more than ok,also this GPU is very decent in MANY other AAA game titles at 1080p 60fps = https://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?pid=2573&cpu=Ryzen%205%203600%206-Core%203.6GHz

Also,IF only find yourself with bigger Game demandings in future,you may consider ADD another one same GPU,to go with Crossfire,OR just dismiss this card for better ones,the 140 dollar cost will be justified EASILY for some years of decent gaming.

I also realise that the total cost is bigger-do not take this action as "no respect" to you - but you will not need to go back again,the whole "package" is future proof. = https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WEBMASTERS-TEAM/saved/#view=JhYV7P

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

... you are very right,it is not supposed to propose him something like that normally,i realise that going with 2 RAM or 4 RAM sticks of 3600+mhz,should have been a more decent option-choice,but in his-her occasion,it was only an effort to keep the total cost lower,but NOT TOO LOW,such as with one stick of 4GB RAM at 2133mhz,for windows operation it considered also ok such an option,but the ratio price/gb in this RAM 16GB,especially in that speed of 3200 MHZ is much more preferrable ...

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Windows fraud?

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

The sale of those keys violate Microsoft ToS, and the keys may be unexpectedly disabled. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oops,sorry about that,i was not quite sure about that,only because it was public advertised via a Web Giant,Amazon. I thought it was already a proper proposal,exactly because their policy is not against other Giants,as Microsoft,Google,Yahoo,etc etc ...

To be more specific,i encouraged myself,that this activity was something like "gray zone" = Not 100% illegal,not 100% legal,something between.

Your understanding about that,I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT TO SUGGEST OR DO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES,i only wanted to please and serve well other members here,.In order to save some money.Nothing more,nothing less.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube