add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Black Friday!

ZFGeek

1 month ago

who's all buying something for cheap tomorrow/Friday? I usually don't find anything that a) is something I want or b) is cheap enough to buy. This year, however, Walmart is selling the Apple Watch Series 3 for $129, and I can't pass it up.

Update: I did end up getting the watch on black Friday, and it is pretty nice. Definitely don't regret the purchase.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Walmart for DVDs. Toy Story 4 for my sister is only $3.96.

Others I know that will be 3.96 (either by being in the ads or other versions seen in the ad): HYTTD3, TSLOP2, Smallfoot, Grinch 2018.

And mom wants a Kodak that is $99.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well, got back at 7:30 with 11 DVDs, 3 books, 1 pair of headphones, the camera, and 3 books, totaling $216.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Gun stuff mainly. Picked up a few lower receivers, bcg, and some more mags that were on sale. If I can find ammo cheap enough, I may pick up a few thousand rounds, if not, no biggie. I have a few gun builds in the works, so really if anything hops out at me as a good deal, pretty good chance I'll grab it Lol

Wanted to try to catch an AK or something on sale, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Oh well, another day :-)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well, this is a response I didn’t expect to see here! With how expensive guns and such are, I must wish you luck.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, I know a few people on this site who are into guns, but it's definitely on the low side. Lol

And they're not too bad if you know where to look. You can build a pretty gucci'ed out rifle for about a grand, maybe 1200. They're like pc's, building them yourself is a lot cheaper, and more fun :-)

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Lol, I’m just over here filing this entire conversation into the back of my mind for when I’m 18 and can purchase a gun.

I always figured I’d probably want to start out with a handgun of some kind. Any recommendations?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It depends on what you want to use it for (CC, range day only, truck gun, etc.). Can give you reqs based off of that.

Also, I think you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun in most places. It's a stupid law, but it is what it is. Depending on where you are, you could always ask for one as a gift. Another option is that you can purchase an 80% Glock, and finish it yourself. Those are pretty fun, and you learn a lot about your gun. Personally, I'm not a fan of Glocks and think they're overhyped, but they work, and afaik they're the only brand that does that.

That being said, you could always purchase a rifle with no problems. Getting either an AR or an AK is a lot of fun. ARs are fun and work well for home defense, despite what people say about "over-penetration". Anybody who says that immediately loses cred with me and I just stop listening Lol

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

“Also, I think you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun in most places.“

We Texans can purchase handguns at 18, so long as it’s in a private sale and not a federal-licensed seller.

I think I’d mostly be interested in just using it for target practicing at a range. If it helps, I am a fan of saving money.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I need new earbuds. I’m hoping to get a $35 pair on discount.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Look on skull candys website

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Actually ended up going with the KZ ATE’s. They seemed to be fairly popular on the headphone subreddit and for only $15. I’ll keep your recommendation in mind though; I’m thinking I’ll want a wireless set of earbuds around Christmas.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Oh I got the JLABS JBUDS Air from Best Buy. (They're still on sale if you want to get them: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jlab-audio-jbuds-air-true-wireless-earbud-headphones-black/6308349.p?skuId=6308349)

For only $30, it was a good deal.

Audio quality is decent at best, but its merely convenient for me when I'm on the go, I have better stuff for listening to music, but that stuff stays at home. Battery life hasn't been tested enough, but seems good so far.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I might run out to Best Buy and pick up a Power Supply for my new build. Corsair RM 750 for $95.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I don't need to, but want to pick up some Atmos speakers.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Earbuds (JLABS JBUDS Air), Christmas ornaments, kitchen stuff, UA jacket, blender.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I managed to pick up a Dortmund long sleeve shirt for about $30 at my local Puma store.

I was hoping to get a jersey but they didn't have one in my size.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube