add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrade or brand new build?

Wert-12
  • 2 months ago

I built a gaming pc somewhere around 2013 and I have been planning on getting an upgrade for a few months now. Performance is not bad at all, It's just that the pc is getting noticeably old. I was planning on upgrading specifically the GPU and RAM, and honestly I don't think I need anymore unless there is something I'm missing. The thing is that I don't really know what are the advantages of upgrading the motherboard for example, apart from support for newer port types and so? So maybe my board is worth upgrading and in that case I might as well just make a new build from scratch, I don't really know. What do you guys think?

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/dJhypg

Edit: Also I'm a noob in forums in general, so I don't know how to post my build here other than linking it, sorry.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say around 700€ at first, but I might decide to throw in some more if I see that It's really worth it. Yeah the storage I was going to keep anyways because I have I lot of stuff there and I can just always buy some extra storage if needed and I'm good. So with that budget you always recommend to go for a new build right?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep I forgot to state my country lol, but I'll use your list as a guide anyways. Thanks a lot!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

some things to add onto those edits, don't buy an a400, it's lack of dram makes it almost as slow as a hard drive and is barely useful compared to an ssd of a similar pricepoint, the l5 lite 3d. 3200mhz ram is slightly overkill so i'd drop that to 3000mhz.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube