add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which CPU would you guys reccommend more?

Treyboi

2 months ago

Ryzen 5 3600X or Ryzen 7 2700X Im trying to go as cheap as possibly but I want a really good CPU.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the workloads.

Pure single thread focus get the 3600X.

Multi-tasking or using multiple cores get the 2700X.

If you focus is cheap though probably best to ignore both and look at a 2600/2700 though third generation overall wasn't a huge performance increase which leaves the old 2600 still a very viable option.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I was looking at the 2700x more for gaming. How good of an option do you think that will be?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Slightly slower when not graphics bound.

Better stock cooler though.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Editing, rendering, streaming and any content creation stuff get either the 2700X or 2700.

For less demanding applications like games, get the 3600, it would be even faster than the 2700 or 2700X.

There is no point for paying more for a 3600X, as you will not feel the difference in real world applications anyway, unless you run synthetic benchmarks.

In fact, you could get the 3600 + an aftermarket cooler for less than a 3600X.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $194.00 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler $19.79 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $213.79
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-18 13:38 EST-0500

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor $234.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $234.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-18 13:39 EST-0500

On the other side, you could even go as low as a 2600 and spend the remaining money on better (faster) GPU, if gaming is your main concern.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Would the 2700X be good for gaming as well? AMD has a deal going on now for the 3600X and 2700X free game with purchase and xbox pass (which I honestly care more about the free game lol) That's why I was looking at those two though.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the 2700X would be great gaming CPU as well, but the 3600X would be faster.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha thanks man

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome :)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen 5 3600X or Ryzen 7 2700X Im trying to go as cheap as possibly but I want a really good CPU.

To be honest both are really good CPU's and the 2700X comes bundled with a nice cooler as well. Pick whatever is cheaper. Right now the 2700X.

Nitpicking the Ryzen 5 3600X will slightly outperform the 2700X in gaming. How much this will matter will vary user to user, we talking a few percent here.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the input man I think I’ll probably stick with the 2700x

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If you live near a Microcenter, 2700X is a no brainer at $130. Anywhere else, same advice as everyone else about gaming vs editing.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

If you plan on streaming while gaming or doing anything else while gaming that could be considered processor heavy, go the 2700 route. They're $159 on Amazon right now with a free game and xbox pass...as of today. I wanted to wait until black Friday but I may pull the trigger now.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I was looking at. Thanks man

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube