add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is there really any “Black Friday/Cyber Monday” deals on pc parts?

Blakeandsnake
  • 4 months ago

When googling this questions I get mixed reviews from no there’s not really any price drop, to few things are on sale.

Where can I find out what will be on sale? Is it to early to find out?

This is the build I was thinking of doing:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XP2TCL

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

New products there isn't any real pricing drop and its more often increased pricing on those.

Older products, oversupplied parts, parts that don't make money on because of competition, those all go on sale.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea I was feeling this too, so expected no really price movement now until Black Friday nothing will really change unless I get junk parts.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Not junk necessarily but don't expect steals on the most desirable current parts, except maybe one-hour teaser sales. Example, last year one of the interesting deals was Ryzen 1700X CPU's at a substantial reduction. Great deal if the 1700X happened to fit the purpose, of no interest at all if you were building a maxed-out fps rig.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, those are coming up quick! From my recollection, you’ll generally see a lot of TVs and monitors go down in price, but I’m hoping the 660p SSD will.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

You can get good deals, just need to look carefully for them. i suggest amazon warehouse, along with some smaller suppliers. Always remember to check HotUkDeals, if you're in the UK, almost always some amazing tech deals there.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

A big price drop will more than likely happen for the rx 500 series GPUs so they get rid of them with more Navi coming. Also some price drops happen to peripherals.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I would love to see a good price drop on ram, i need ram bad

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

newegg deals will be posted about a week before black Friday. If you want to see examples just google it and you can see the 2018 flyer scans. I use black friday and get decent discounts, but it all depends what you buy. If you are trying to get a discount part cheaper, I don't think that happens much. But if you are buying a EVGA part or Asus motherboard etc. you can get 20-30 off plus another 20-30 off in manuf rebates usually. Samsung SSD's will be cheaper too. For me that is great since I don't buy bottom barrel stuff. So it's not cheaper than the cheapest you can do with other things, but it is cheaper for those parts. Really depends what you are looking to buy, so check last years deals as an indication.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube