add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Overclockable i5-8400T?

Phoenix_Builder

1 month ago

So. I have this AIO desktop. Its specs will be listed below (Didn't find it on HP, but found a similar one.)

CPU: i5-8400T @1.7Ghz

Memory: 12 GB rated at 2666Mhz

Storage: 1 TB SSD, 1 TB HDD

Other specs won't matter alot. But they should similiar to this

My question is: Is overclocking it with MSI afterburner possible? Idk if you can overclock 'T' series, but I know that you can overclock the 'K' series. The reason I'm trying to overclock it is to get the least possible amount of improvements in gaming (Fortnite, Shell shockers, etc.) πŸ‘ˆπŸ»πŸ‘ˆπŸ»πŸ‘ˆπŸ»(I don't play those, lol. Looking if I can help my lil bro)

That's about it, thanks!

Edit: I am not sure if you can OC CPU's with MSI afterburner

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

No. "T" models are locked ultra low power draw models.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

****. Well, any tips to make gaming a more enjoyable experience?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Most of those HP aio systems don't allow discrete cards so your best bet would be some research on how to best tweak settings for the Intel HD630.

You can also try dropping resolution to 720p.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I already did so. I dropped below 720p to get decent 3D map (?) and feasible FPS.

Thanks tho!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Actually the CPU is not the problem.

It still runs at 3+GHz with the most cores and the Windows high performance power plan.

The real problem is the integrated graphical unit of that CPU. (UHD 630)

If it's an all in one computer like the link you posted, you can't do anything about that matter.

You just lower the graphical settings of the game in question and search the net for available tweaks that applies to an Intel integrated graphics processor.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

and search the net for available tweaks that applies to an Intel integrated graphics

I did and there weren't many. One solution I found was getting an E-GPU, but I'd rather just build a new PC.

Thank you!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Buy a new PC. That is really your only option with a AIO PC like that.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Lol, that's why I'm saving for a new PC. It's a bit hard considering I'm 15, but I'll try to.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

you are correct: CPUs are not overclockable with afterburner. Afterburner is a utility for overclocking GPUs. T-SKU CPUs are the low-clocked varients of the more common non-lettered versions. make sure your memory which is rated for 2666mhz is actually running at 2666mhz. you can do this from the motherboard BIOS and make sure XMP is enabled. IF your motherboard has the option, you can attempt a small overclock by BCLK, but this is not something I would highly recommend as you can kill components this way. If you do, the default will be 100. I would not go higher than 103 for extended periods of time.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube