add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Be quiet pure rock silm vs noctua nh l9a

TheSingingCarrots

1 month ago

🤔

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Why that gloomy face? lol

Those are two way different CPU coolers

The Noctua is mostly for an ITX Case or small factor Case with low CPU clearance, and mostly effective for a 65 Watt TDP rating processor.

A 95 Watt TDP processor could be a challenge and only to use on a good ventilated Case.

Going up to a 105 Watt TDP rating, the CPU might drop below base clock speeds with continuous 100% load.

On the other hand, the Pure Rock slim has a 120W TDP rating and more suitable for an up to 105 TDP rating CPU. Still for overclocking purposes on a over 95 Watt TDP CPU, i would get a cooler with better stamina.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So..... I didn't need a lecture, I needed a suggestion...

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Depending you're build in question choose one of those two CPU coolers.

Without knowing anything about your build, your question doesn't make much sense.

Lecture?

If you ask about those two particular air coolers, that means you don't know the usage of each cooler.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Gamers nexus did a video on TDP recently where the values can change quite a bit depending on how they calculate TDP to the point that it is just marketing fluff now. Different manufacturers have different ways of calculating it so it is a rather hard method to go by.

Though the larger air cooler of the Pure Rock Slim does offer better cooling than a super low profile cooler due to having more surface area to disperse the heat into the air so I agree with Mark that the Pure Rock Slim if it fits would do a better job. If Op has the room to jump up to the Pure Rock (non slim) then he would get even more cooling performance though the pure rock slim is on for a really good price now under $30. The big question is what CPU and PC case are you planning on using? If OC is possible on what you are getting what OC potential are you looking for?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes i know.

Don't take the TDP as a constant value. So 95 doesn't equal to 95 what ever that is. :-P

I just visited the Noctua homepage and regardless how the TDP value is calculated there are some facts to consider.

https://noctua.at/en/nh_l9a_tdp_guidelines

According to...

95W TDP rating CPUs: Recommended with good case ventilation only.

105W TDP rating CPUs: Recommended with good case ventilation only, might drop below base clock speeds with continuous 100% load.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I know how computer parts work, I'm just asking if anyone has one of these particular coolers or has seen a review on them to see which is quieter and/or has better Cooling performance, asking about them doesn't mean you don't know about them

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I have built PCs with both of those coolers. My friend's PC with the Noctua NH-L9i which is similar to the L9a and my sister's PC with the Pure Rock Slim. Now I was not able to do a direct side by side to test performance but the Pure Rock Slim will be the better performer hands down. As for noise both coolers were extremely silent so I really couldn't tell which one was the quietest. Either way if noise is a real concern both excel in that department.

If you can fit the Pure Rock Slim in your PC I would go with that due to better performance and cheaper price.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh! OK. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube