add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Memory frequency

AMAZING-MEGAS

1 month ago

so i got Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4333 Memory Timing: 19-26-26-46 CAS Latency: 19 what i got on BIOS - tCL - 15 tRCDRD - 15 tRCDWR - 15 tRP - 15 tRAS - 36

main question how to enter original timing and cas latency into the BIOS cuz i dont understand them and if you do please enter the right order of numbers i shud enter in bios

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Memory has two ratings more or less, it has a slower approved rating it will for sure work at, and an overclock rating that is much faster (xmp). This is because the ratings spec do not go that high and require stability/etc. So in bios look for a DOCP or XMP you turn on and it will read the higher speed, then you can set it to that. But be warned it may not boot until you fine tune, it may only run a little less than that maybe the 4000 area. That high speed is under favorable conditions and high as they could get so don't expect it to work out of the box, if lucky it might but usually not. Your motherboard and other issues might not be able to run it that fast either. Far as settings that is overclock stuff, every PC is different, every memory stick is different. What it means is under perfect conditions they ran it at 4333 Memory Timing: 19-26-26-46, and they usually give you a higher voltage to run them at. For example I bought 3733 memory and it runs fine at 3600 with docp settings and the voltage, it will not run long at a higher speed. When I get time ill have to try changing other settings to get that last bit of speed.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

this is my build 1)CPU - AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor 2)Motherboard - MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard 3)Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4333 Memory 4)Storage - Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
5)Storage - Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
6)Storage - Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive 7)Case - Cooler Master Stryker SE ATX Full Tower Case 8)Power Supply - Corsair - RMx 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
9)Wireless Network Adapter - TP-Link - Archer T6E AC1300 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter. 10)Monitor - MSI Optix MAG27CQ 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor. 11)GPU - PowerColor Red Devil Radeon Rx 5700 Xt

So as far as i know the mother board is not compitable with my ram speed i found it out only later tho i did build the PC from start at this site... and it did say everything is compitable also i know that when i insert 1 stick in DIMM-A 2 it shows ram but in DIMM-B 2 IT does not show stick at BIOS. only if i insert ram in DIMM- A 2 & DIMM -B 1.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i will try my speed but in what order i need to set em cuz that window mode with tCL - 15 tRCDRD - 15 tRCDWR - 15 tRP - 15 tRAS - 36 i dont get what numbers i shud enter in right places

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Some motherboards you run 2 stick they have to be in certain slots, make sure you have them in right slots if you have 4 slots. Bios I have used you turn that option on and it will read the higher settings and put them in for you, and you pick what speed you want to run it at. After you turn that on, assuming your bios does overclocking, you can go in and set all kinds of settings, most of which you don't want to mess with. Buildzoid did some good memory overclock videos on utube. You have a X470 Carbon all that stuff should be in there, but I am not familiar with their bios mine is an Asus. Look up MSI bios memory speed in forums, should be able to find info. Just leave it for now, it will run fine, find out where you set mem speeds. When you set it faster assume it will not boot, the bios will usually back out and go back to previous settings. I hear you, bios are kind of a pain even though they are better now.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I got Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4333 Memory Timing: 19-26-26-46 CAS Latency: 19

Your build on the save part list states Corsair at 4266MHz! / https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AMAZING-MEGAS/saved/

That ram will never work at 4266MHz on that board and with that CPU.

You could try those timings though: 16, 18, 18, 18, 36 / 3200MHz / 1.35 Volts

Or you could even run CPU-Z, and at the SPD section look at a JEDEC spec with frequency at 1600MHz.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I read the mem controller is in the AMD cpu, and can be the limiting factor. I have my 3733 running at 3600 no issues at its spec 17-21-21-41 1.35v, but it wont run higher, or not yet. This on a 2400g/asus prime x470/viper 4 mem.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i think 3600MHz is the max. tested on that board.

I read the mem. controller is in the AMD cpu, and can be the limiting factor

Yes it can, and the BIOS implementation as well.

If the manufacturer hasn't programmed the chip to recognize the SPD table of an 4266MHz Ram kit, the board will just default at 2133MHz.

And the XMP profiles of that ram kit aren't of any use for the BIOS of that board either.

On that matter, you try to manual OC the ram by lowering the frequency and tweaking the Ram timings as well.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes i know. I checked it out previously. ;)

Try to manually lower the timings and speed of that kit (as shown in my previous post), it may even work out. Who knows!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

This Asus will let me select speeds higher than 3733, I forget what they go up to, but that does not mean it will work there. Really 3600 ought to help the 2400g gpu, that was all I was after, some day I'll try for more.

In Asus bios you change it to D.O.C.P. and then you can change to any speed you want, change settings, etc. It is on the page you overclock the cpu.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

OK.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i tried to change the timing and frequency all is good but if i buy montherboard that supports this ram of mine 4333 then all shud be good right?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If its not hard could you help me find motherboard that supports my ram and cpu? So all wud be good 😅

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It's not the motherboard that is limiting you, it's the CPU. Ryzen 2nd generation, even the top of the line 2700X, has trouble hitting much above 3600 MT/s reliably, and a big part of the issue is that it runs the internal Infinity fabric at memory clocks and it simply won't go that high. (Ryzen 3000 hits higher memory clocks by downclocking the fabric after a certain speed, generally around 3800 MT/s = 1900 MHz.)

If you had a giant stack of 2700X's and went through them with extreme cooling and top of the line mobos, such as the Asus Crosshair VII, you might, maybe, possibly find one that hits 4333 or comes close. It's not going to happen with a random retail sample with ordinary cooling.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube