add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just Noticed something...

DanDan825

4 months ago

So If you have a comment with a lot of negative karma, delete it, and it gives you your karma back. Should it stay this way?

This may just be me but I find it a little weird

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Can someone explain the Karma thing to me?

• 4 months ago
  • 6 points

In the forums there are two arrows, up and down (Edit: next to the comment). Up means you get 1 karma down means you lose 1. (Something like that, Reddit is different) This encourages people to post high quality stuff instead of garbage.

• 4 months ago
  • 7 points

Also it allows you access to the secret karma store once you earn enough.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems like you are the only one

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Oh ok, thank you!

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

It encourages people not to keep unpopular comments. I think getting rid of such comments is fine if whatever they were on is done and dusted, it's slightly more awkward in current discussions where others have responded though. I generally delete build lists if they're unpopular or I've made a mistake etc.. for the simple reason I wouldn't wish to give others bad advice.

Getting karma bad from deleting a post with bad karma is like in a way the reward for accepting or learning that you didn't get everything quite right with it.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Deleting comments is for cowards!

• 4 months ago
  • -1 points

The real reason we never do it.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

:o I never knew that

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I’ve known about it. You can actually just delete all your comments that aren’t above 20 karma, so that way your ratio stays above 20. Or instead of 20, any high number you can somewhat commonly obtain.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I am rethinking this, and I know it's late to comment.. but I think this is unfair. As people with more karma may actually have less then somebody with less karma just because they deleted comments that'd make it go down. It's basically like free karma

It's ok to make mistakes

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this something I should care about. I've never looked at ratings indicators much, I look for information on forums and try to give back. If you really helped me out I say thank you. I most certainly do not have time to go back to my old posts.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube