add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Longest forum discussion EVER

13jonesb

1 month ago

Just curious, after the Impeachment topic, which is still going strong, are there any longer forum posts across PCPP? What is the largest/longest every forum topic.

Thanks

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 7 points

the 1000 comment thread comes to mind....

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

Wasn't it 10,000?

Of course, it never hit 10K.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/148085-ten-thousand-post-thread

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

yeah, 10,000, my memory did not serve me well

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

There was a second one, that one also did not hit 10K comments either.

Still dunno what possessed me to delete it... lol

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

You and randomly destroying/deleting things go hand-in-hand.

• 1 month ago
  • 6 points

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Battlestation, fire at will commander!

Suspenseful music plays

Initiating firing sequence

Power intensifies

Multiple Discord servers and forum topics explode

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Multiple Discord servers

10/10 well done

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

Megalovania starts playing

• 18 days ago
  • 2 points

floridaboz says anything: free karma. Has over 2k.

Iforgotmypw says anything: free karma. Has thousands (in old account at least)

JCMsergox says anything: free karma. Has over 1.8k.

gorkti200 says anything: free karma. Has 5.2k.

eesti says anything: free karma. Has almost 1k.

tomtomj2 says anything: free karma. Has 3.8k.

meanwhile:

I come in with 11 karma.

• 17 days ago
  • 2 points

well you have to start somewhere, i had 11 at one point as well

• 17 days ago
  • 2 points

True.

My question is, how did you get 2K?

• 16 days ago
  • 3 points

floridaboz has been on the site for over four years. As has tomtom, and I. Your account is four and a half months old. It takes time!

Also be helpful, or funny, or nice, and people will upvote your comments. And, don't ask "how do I get karma", because that tends to make people not want to upvote you lol ;P

• 16 days ago
  • 1 point

Okay :P

• 16 days ago
  • 2 points

just trying to be helpful when i can, kind and respectful. also i have been here for over 4 years.

• 16 days ago
  • 2 points

okay, sure.

• 15 days ago
  • 2 points

JCMsergox says anything: free karma. Has over 1.8k.

Wait, I'm popular?

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

Out of curiosity, I went through every OT topic up until page 10 to see how big the topics have gotten recently. I counted every topic with at least 100 posts in it.

Arranged in order of last updated (as of today, of course)

• Politics - 105
  • Endgame discussion w/spoilers - 126
  • Things you hate - 118
  • Stupid theories - 100
  • Black hole picture - 105
  • My state is crazy - 126
  • Current car - 102
  • SHTF - 172
  • Anti-vaxxers - 123
  • Ranting - 127
  • I am Jazz - 103
  • Moving to California - 106
  • Unfairly downvoted - 186
  • EDC - 109

So we do get a lot of 100+ post threads, but the impeachment one does seem to be pretty high on the all time rankings.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Clout

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Impeachment topic

It wasn't until you pointed it out that I've noticed how much it's blown up. Can we make that the new 1000 comment thread?

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

honestly, I can't believe the sheer amount of upvotes I got there because of a joke

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Best way to upvotes is being funny, followed by being useful.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Let's try and make this one 1000 comments and see which one hits it first

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

One day I saw a post about Karma that went on for pages.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

They usually do. Alot of people just see them as a good area to farm.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Seems like someone would post about the vaping thing, but I don't want to start it lol :) I try to stay out of off topic for the most part, I come here to learn about PC stuff. And thanks to all you great posters out there, some great information here.

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

vaping thing

Let's go ahead and ban vapes. I mean, thank goodness Cigarettes are a 100% safe alternative and haven't killed anyone yet! ;)

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

: D you said it. Patented in 2003 in China nobody had issue with it until 2019, and we don't know why all those old smokers with lung damage vaped just fine over a decade plus but now 20-30yr olds are falling over dead suddenly, its a total mystery nobody can figure out....doh. However the states lost a lot of tax revenue when people stopped smoking due to vaping. Um, did I say that? I don't know why I said that. It can't be related.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Y'all best not be peeing in the vape room

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

People have created topics that related to karma, but staff has been deleting those threads a lot quicker than they used to when the topics start to go in the farming direction.

• 18 days ago
  • 1 point

I don't know what is the longest post, but the impeachment topic looks like a damn good place to farm.

[comment deleted]
  • 18 days ago
  • 1 point

I think you are looking at the views column

• 18 days ago
  • 1 point

oh wait opps

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube