add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SickTrickzHD

1 month ago

If in wrong topic I will remove

I have Windows Defender and Avast Security, since yesterday I keep getting a notification saying that a threat was stopped. Takes me into Windows Security and says it was this:

Trojan:Win32/Ludicrouz.W

Comes up every 10 minutes and now it's annoying. Done multiple scans and it sayd the only file its affecting is a temporary Avast file.

And help anyone?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I would scan with Malwarebytes. Free version is enough. Keep us posted.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I uninstalled Avast and installed Malwarebytes and BitDefender. Done a scan on both of them and it couldn't find anything. The Windows notification has stopped but now everything I go on Google Chrome Malware bytes pops up saying it stopped a Trojan.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well, thats a "first". Looks like you have something embedded in your browser. Run adwcleaner! Usually very effective.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I installed this Adware cleaner and ran it. It found 4 threats and deleted 4 registry files and I restarted my PC. I opened up Chrome and the Malwarebytes notification popped up again stopped Trojan threat from Loudjacks.com (C:\Progrtam Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application|chrome.exe)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Loudjack its a random name or are you familiar with that website?

If that happens accessing that specific site is 'normal' for malwarebytes to have false positives. You can always try another. For instance, HitmanPro, free trial. Usually very good in the trojan area.

Or, after the scan and cleaning up, reset you chrome to its originals settings. (Settings->Advanced->Reset settings to their original defaults). Malwarebytes can be only showing trojan 'remains' (It happens)

Good luck

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Wait, do you have Windows Defender and Avast both running at the same time? If so, having two anti-virus software running together is a recipe to strangeness.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I tried disabling Windows Defender for Third party software but didn't work so I just left it.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

disable it in services lol

also, did u install any suspicious thing

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

No I haven't. The only things I've installed recently are from steam.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

googled it and saw nothing related other than its "variants"

how about browser extension, or bloatwares

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Get rid of Avast then. You really don't need any third party anti-virus software at this point.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Already have and installed Malwarebytes

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

• 1 month ago
  • -1 points

If you are using Windows 10, then its recommended to only use Windows Defender and its well equiped to take care of all such virus and malwares. I would suggest remove everything and only keep an updated and active windows defender.

Windows Defender Antivirus detects and removes this threat.

and if you ever doubt there is something bad on your system you can simply scan with Windows Defender and Microsoft Safety Scanner (Free) and run a full scan it might find other hidden malware.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube