add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i7-8086K/Titan XP/32GB DDR4 CL16-3200MHZ - Sell/Part Out

DrLitch

4 months ago

This is the build in question:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/D6WD4D

Although still quite powerful in terms of performance (Firestrike @ 25573) I am wondering if this is worth peanuts given that used hardware is not really worth much on the market. A friend of mine reckons this would only sell for $300 or $400 on eBay. He recently sold a 1080TI i7-7700K on eBay and it sold for $400. This PC is surplus to requirements in my house (I already have three builds not including my wife's PC), would $600 be a reasonable asking price? To be honest I am quite freaked out and thinking of not even selling it. I have no idea how a used Alienware computer could still flip for 70% retail but a state of the art build with twice the specs be worth less than a quarter the cost.

How would parting it out work out?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

This is worth easily more than $1000. the water cooling parts alone constitute for $250-300 of value by themselves. the titan is worth about $600 used. 32GB of RAM is about $100-120 used. you get the idea. this is by no means worth so little. if you want to sell it for $400-500 though, trust me, I am a taker for the whole rig, but you should be able to get at LEAST a thousand. the 8086K is slightly better than an 8700K which still generally go for $250-300 or so used. the 8086K will still carry a slight premium, even on the used market. Good luck with your sale, I hope you get a fair amount for it!
I think your friend mis-estimated the value because he got an honestly low amount for a 7700K/1080 Ti combo. 1080 Ti's generally go for $500-550 for the record. also, I love the build... looks fantastic.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your kind words. Yeah been kicking back and forth over this but I have realized another option that circumvents a PC overload - that is keep it and not complete a build that was a current project to be finished. It would mean having to sell a build I was so looking forward to, i.e. sell my MSI Godlike motherboard, 3900X and Titan RTX but I think being modern chips I will get at least 60-70% of my money back given they are still new unopened. Currently I am leaning this way since I would be rather loathe to wheel and deal too much trying to sell a full PC.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

How much did it cost to make?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I reused parts from other builds but total cost was pretty close to MSRP of all components except for the the CPU and RAM which I got on a deal. I figure two grand invested.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

how much for the titan

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

if you want to sell it for 600 i'd gladly take you up on that price lmao.

it's worth more than that. up to you on whether you want to sell it. it's a beautiful rig

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube