add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
waj287

1 month ago

Ah, music. Something we listen to in the car, at work or at school.

What is your taste in music? Rap, rock, pop, etc.?

What are your favorite artists/bands?

In no particular order, mine include:

• Muse (Okay, this is in order, they are far and away my favorite band)
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Green Day
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Imagine Dragons (not a lot of their newer stuff, their older alt stuff is pretty good)
  • Metallica
  • Nirvana
  • Coldplay
  • Blink-182
  • Weezer
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Linkin Park
  • Bastille
  • Pearl Jam
  • Black Keys
  • Cage the Elephant
  • Twenty One Pilots
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • Panic At the Disco
  • Foo Fighters
  • Pink Floyd
  • Smashing Pumpkins
  • Arctic Monkeys

I have a very broad taste in bands, not necessarily music genre.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Blink 182, Smashing Pumpkins

A man of culture I see. You going to Hella Mega?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I might. Not really a concert guy, but that might just change my mind.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Oh man. You have not lived until you've seen Green Day in concert. Their shows are pure energy.

• 1 month ago
  • 4 points

All you need is Sabaton and Galactic Empire, and you know all the other good stuff too I guess.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Did somebody say Sabaton?

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Did somebody say Sabaton?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Men of culture

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I listen to a lot. Some of favorites right now are the new Aaron Lewis album. Also diving back into old school Linkin Park. Trivium and Alter Bridge/Tremonti are always there (judging by your tastes, you'd probably like both of them. Check 'em out). NF as well. And I can always get down to T-Swift.

Lots more, but those are the highlights atm.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Really the only music I listen too is edm and classical.

I don't really have any favorite bands, but some of my favorite composers are Chopin, Beethoven, Liszt, and Stravinsky.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You've got some good taste in music. I'm quite partial to death metal (Children of Bodom is a favorite), but that might not be your cup of tea based on the other bands there (seems more rock/(pop) punk). I haven't really found a "gateway" band to death metal - seems to be something of an acquired taste.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

All the bands you mentioned were my favorite back in middle and high school, that and 90s hip hop.

Except for weezer, their covers arent my favorite.

Now a days its mostly Video Game OST's, right now im listening to sm64's OST.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

megalovania

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

yes

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I really only listen to Green Day and Sabaton. My favorite albums are American Idiot and The Last Stand respectively

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

last comment was 7 hours ago, i'm still allowed to comment yeah?
with the exception of select Kpop acts, I don't listen though albums or look through the discography of artists. I listen to individual songs, mostly singles. My taste is sorta wide(ish) but my current playlist for walking back from school looks like this
- Lovers by 7!! (yes the one from Naruto)
- 我不會唱歌 by Hacken Lee (ironically called "I don't know how to sing")
- Heros Come Back by Nobody Knows+
- The first opening of WataMote (the actual name is really long and I don't know it off memory)
- Kuusou Mesorogiwi
- Dumb Litty by KARD
- Highschool of the Dead
- Saturdays = Celebration
- Cruel Angel's Thesis
- The Longest Time
- Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
- Livin' on a Prayer
- Song of the Volga Boatmen (Leonid Kharitonov)
- Katyusha (Red Army Choir)
- Yorktown, Non-Stop, Right Hand Man, Your Obedient servant, Ten Duel Commandments, Wait For It, The Election of 1800, Guns and Ships (Hamilton)

idk how you'd summarize that.
The playlist changes all the time. Maybe it'll look completely different a month from now. 2 months ago I basically listened solely to Sabaton, Red Velvet and BTS.

For homework, I put on Plastic Love by Mariya Takeuchi and let youtube autoplay do what it wants. It always turns out nice.
My taste is that. occasionally I listen to Green Day, Panic!, Linkin Park. I also enjoy orchestral/symphonic music. Not all/ of it is "classical". ie Liberation of Gracemaria, World is Mine (Hatsune Miku, Walt Ribeiro arrangement), Counterbalance, Iron and Ice, Ammerland, Matters of Kindness, The HTTYD Theme, are all written and performed by wind ensembles but the pieces are all younger than I am. I also enjoy actual classical music like 1812 overture and Bach and Danse Macabre and stuff.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

listening to Celebration by Kool & the Gang my perfect way to jumpstart the weekend :)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Best Muse song? (The correct answer is Butterflies and Hurricanes?)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Hysteria

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Big fan of rock ranging from the 70s to the 90s. My favorite band of all time is Pink Floyd. I mainly listen to 80s hair bands though

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube