add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SMH Amazon, SMH...

nostalgia2302

2 months ago

I’m lit shaking my head in disbelief at Amazon Customer Service.

1. I reported a keyboard that I didn’t receive and was marked as if I had signed it, but it wasn’t my signature. The shipping company told me they would file a complaint against the driver and mark my item as lost, then told me to call Amazon.

2. I called Amazon, explained my situation and they sent a replacement to be due today. However, Sunday around 11:30 PM I called again to change the shipping address because I wanted them to deliver it to Canada Post in case I wasn’t home monday so I could pick-up it today. They didn’t change it, they just added another order to be delivered to Canada Post tomorrow.

Then the person tells me that I will get 2 keyboards and to ship one back.

I mean, this is sheer incompetence...why not just cancel the old order instead putting more pressure on me?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 12 points
  1. That's not Amazon's fault.

2. They probably already shipped one. They actually went above and beyond to ship you another one via your preferred postal service.

• 2 months ago
  • 6 points

Disbelief in customer service? As in you can't believe how responsive they are in satisfying the customer? I agree - they responded in a positive manner. Impressive.

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points
  1. The fact that the shipping company filed a complaint on your behalf is over the top customer service. Ordinarily they'd tell you there's nothing they can do about it and try your luck calling Amazon.

2. Amazon sent a keyboard to an address and company of your choosing after calling in on a Sunday close to midnight. Not only that, but you're technically not under obligation to send back the extra keyboard if you do receive it. What are they gonna do, go to your home to check if you did or didn't get it?

The company has been notified, you still get what you want (potentially even two), and it was all done without any real additional effort on your part aside from a couple phone calls.

Quit complaining and enjoy your keyboard(s).

• 2 months ago
  • 0 points

Oh but I am under obligation. I assume that if I don’t send the extra keyboard back they will charge my credit card. It’s not like they will let me keep it for free just because.

I want to make clear that I am not complaining about Amazon’s Customer Service as in the quality of the service, but rather on how they approached things.

The first replacement was ordered around 8 PM to be delivered to my home. I called again at 11:30 PM to change the address from home to a post office.

They left the delivery to my home activated instead of cancelling it after placing the new delivery to the post office. And the keyboard had not even shipped yet.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s not like they will let me keep it for free just because.

Not saying in your situation this is true, but Amazon has actually been known to do this. Usually in the scenario of: customer orders something, it doesnt arrive on time, customer contacts Amazon, Amazon resends it, new order shows up, original order shows up.

I know someone who got a free TV from this. For me I've never gotten anything more interesting than some Coffeemate... but hey I got a free extra Coffeemate.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow. I didn't know that.

In my case I got two replacements when I just needed one, so yeah, the situation isn't the same. I should call Amazon to verify.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I've had this with several amazon orders.

I ordered some computer components and when the tracking said it had been delivered, there was no package. I demanded either a refund or a replacement, and they sent a replacement free of charge. Lo and behold, the original order arrived and the replacement arrived later on, and I was only charged once.

Similarly I had ordered some clothes and it never arrived, nor did the tracking ever update beyond "in transit" for a month and a half. I contacted the support and they sent me another free of charge, asking that I send back the second one if it did show up. I got both shortly thereafter and gave the extra to a friend as a gift, and they were none the wiser.

If you're concerned that they'll charge you double, just check your credit card/bank statements.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube