add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I made a website

dro3m

4 months ago

I made a website, hosted on a spare striped down laptop with Windows Server 2012 R2. Nothing special. Website is still being developed, planning to add a forum and tons of other things. Right now you just get a link to my Discord and get to look at a cool logo.

Link: roemerco.ddns.net

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Pretty cool. What will it be for?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t know. I got bored of video games and wanted to do something when I’m not in school. But there is a whole lot of possibilities.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Well, if you’re still in school you could have a section dedicated to all your essays. Or maybe you could put down what you learn in math. There’s some quote out there that says if you aren’t able to teach a topic with relative ease, you do not know it well enough.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Very nice graphic.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Mobirise Website Builder, I see... One can learn a lot by looking at the code that makes up templates.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

What happened to the original IForgotMyPassword?

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

What do you think happened?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Banned?

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

No. I forgot my password.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/IForgotMyPassword/

Account's still there, too.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Lmao.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

You can't possibly be serious...please tell me you are

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

droem is gone, too.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn how did you guess,

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

It says it right in the HTML header.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, I was going to switch to a cms anyways. Just wanted to slap something together.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Cool, bud... cool

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for that.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I just don't know how could you make a site while I'm here thinking how to solve the mess I made with my 3D models...

Anyways, what are you going to do with this site other than redirect people to Discord?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Making a website seems easier the 3D modeling.

I don’t know, I’m experimenting with CMSs. I also need to configure my MS SQL software to get any further.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

just a word of advice, you dont have have a good reason to make a site, just get good at it, and later, you might be able to make money from it, and if you learn MySQL really good, you will open some big doors for yourself. I know very very very little about MySQL to be honest, just site design and stuff like that.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

naisu

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Server was upgraded to 2016 with school provided key. Will be installing Docker with Orchard CMS. Website will be back up new and improved hopefully by tomorrow.

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I really like the website design and graphics! Maybe you can turn it into a blog? It looks really professional btw, where'd you get the website design from?

I used Canva for the logos and Mobirise for the website.

By saying that I'll salute to you bro. And hopefully, everyone else will too.

Thanks dude!

What? You deserve a 18-core workstation for this site! If you make a donation system I'm sure there will be people willing to donate. Perhaps this is a stupid idea, but maybe you can do some giveaways to get people hyped?

It runs good, even with its 2 cores, the CPU uses around 1-5% usage on idle. I might make a donation system, but I don’t know how my parents will feel about it. Also, I feel like my parents would frown upon doing giveaways. But thanks for the thought.

I think this is more than a random website you made while bored, this could be an opportunity. You can (possibly, with hard work) make money from this thing/accomplish something else big/open doors (like what floridaboz said). Work hard on this or things like MySQL and you'll get there. You're not the only one who has shared a website here today. The very same day I saw another guy share a really cool website of his. Maybe check his out too? (It's in this forum, in off-topic) Amazing job, keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words, man. I’ll sure true this into a great opportunity, or at least try.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I ended up making a donation button on my site.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube