add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I'll never go back...

ZFGeek
  • 6 months ago

I recently got a Corsair H60 120mm AIO, and it has been awesome! I have an AMD FX 8300 at stock, and it keeps temps at 15c-20c idle, 35c max load(using Prime95). My Hyper 212 Evo just couldn't keep temps that cool consistently. Now, don't get me wrong, the Evo worked well for what I used it for, but I love the AIO.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

how are your outside temps in alaska during august? :)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I'm in PA, but I can understand the confusion.. .;) s

Its actually 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit every day right now.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

15c, huh!

Must be crazy cold outside. That's about what my house gets to during the winter if I turn the heater off.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats the crazy thing, it is a constant 70-75 degrees fahrenheit in the room I'm in, which I think is over 20 degrees celsius. It is 80-90 degrees fahrenheit outside.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had it happen with a couple Intel processors. This means the sensors are off or the software is using the wrong sensors. The reported temperature should be at least whatever the ambient temperature is.

AMD used some strange algorithm to calculate the temperatures for the FX processors. There are people on here who know a lot more about this than I do. They might be able to recommend better temperature tracking software.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure how you have 32c ambient (90f) on a 95w TDP CPU (no OC) and 35c 100% load temps on just a mear 120mm AIO. A Hyper 212 evo trades blows with 120mm AIOs for a fraction of the costs.

Keep in mind AIOs still have a volume of water and if you want to test the real temp have it run under load for 30 minutes to give time for the water temps to reach equilibrium. If you run your test for like 5 minutes the water won't have time to heat up. Water has a huge thermal mass far more than a tower heat sink so it takes longer to heat up and cool down. You are still limited by the surface area of the measly 120mm AIO to cool the water by transferring the heat to the air.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, ambient in theroom is more like 75f, but I see what you mean. Most of the time the sensor reads 20c at idle, and only dips down to 15c occasionally. For the load temp, I ran prime95 for 30 minutes, at least until two of the threads failed(not sure why).

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Still I would expect in that ambient temp to reach 60c under full load. Though if you had threads fail on a stability test then your CPU may not be stable so either you are overclocking or undervolting.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube