add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Am I the only one?

ZFGeek
  • 10 months ago

Am I the only one that feels bad for the staff? It seems that the update hasn’t been received very well.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 8 points

Honestly, it has been pretty positive. There were some things that we left out and meant to include and it has just been a process of bringing them back and then interpreting feedback on the new design.

We'd rather have quality feedback than everyone just deal with a situation they didn't like or not say anything at all.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the new look, but people who joined before the update will always remember the old layout. Will there be plans to add a slider in the profile settings for the old look? Maybe call it classic? My only complaint is that you made the color scheme for the top bar dark instaed of light. Oh, and that you moved the section for Forums, P drops, P trends, and Blog over to the left.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

The old design will not be coming back. This is actually the 3rd layout we've used. I think we are planning to move those links back near search.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I totally agree with the feedback!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey sorry to be annoying but when is dark mode coming?

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

No, you're not the only one; I personally get pretty upset when people complain about minor changes to anything, especially if it costs $0.

However, there seem to be many topics about the site change already. Maybe look in floridaboz's post for others with your view.

Edit: You already have a comment on that post, why make a new one?

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

Yeah, That floridaboz guy always stealing the spotlight....

• 10 months ago
  • 5 points

We should really do something about him.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

I mean, I don't think everyone hates it. Seems to be a more mixed reaction.

I can see why they chose to do it the way they did by testing it on Cycling Builder before bringing it over here, and from what I saw there it was well-received.

I suppose I do kind of feel a little bit, but then again, there are as much people that like it (including myself), if not more than, people that don't.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

Seems pretty good to me. I’m glad to have a site that is functionally compatible with mobile again. The only real issue I have (and this is minor) is when you go to the page where you chose which forum section you go to, there seems to be a whole lot of scrolling involved and you might honestly get lost there.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

They've been through this once before. They can handle it.

Plus if you look at the upvotes and downvotes, it's not an overwhelmingly negative response.

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

I wouldn't feel bad for them. Receiving criticism and acting accordingly is paramount to web design. It would be worse if no one said anything and just dealt with changes they didn't like.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I like the new look but one option I'd love to see would be the ability to switch to a dark theme when viewing everyone's pictures. Just like the dark theme on YouTube. This page has way too much white!

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I like it. Just a matter of getting used to it. The big thing is that it is still familiar. I still know where everything is. I am glad they were able to keep the overall layout.

EDIT: Although I do wish the "Forums, price drops, price trends, blog" section was still by the search bar.

• 10 months ago
  • 4 points

We've had several requests for those 4 links to be moved back by the search bar and that change is coming.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome. That was honestly the most jarring change for me.

But overall I commend the staff on how they managed a smooth transition and able to keep the overall layout. The changes are welcome IMO.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube