add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Raspberry Pi Website

ZFGeek

9 months ago

I just finished setting up a wordpress website on my Raspberry Pi using this guide.
https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/how-to-setup-webserver-on-raspberry-pi-and-host-a-wordpress-website
I set it up on the pi just fine, but when I go to another computer on the network and try to access it using localhost, it errors out saying 'localhost refused to connect' and 'error_connection_refused'. What can I do to fix it? I don't want it to be internet accessible, only in the local network, like the tutorial said.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Localhost refers to the device you are currently on. You cannot access a webserver using localhost, unless you are running that webserver on the device you are currently using. So if you setup a webserver on Device A and then go to Device B, and try to use "localhost", it's going to be pointing to Device B. But your webserver is still on Device A.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah...I found that out and didn't update the post. Do you have any idea how to allow me to connect to the raspberry pi through a local device? I can actually sort of connect to it through the RPi's IP address, but it only shows HTML. The CSS of the wordpress is refused by the pi for some reason. Are there some permissions in the apache server that I am missing or something?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have any idea how to allow me to connect to the raspberry pi through a local device? I can actually sort of connect to it through the RPi's IP address

You've already answered your question there.

Are there some permissions in the apache server that I am missing or something?

No idea, sorry. Configuring web servers isn't my forte and I don't know anything about apache or your setup.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube