add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help getting this build closer to $600-$650, while keeping quality.

Yalderas
  • 12 months ago

I had this list at about $650 a few days a go, prices on a few things keep going up before my freaking tax returns come in and I can buy it already. I was hoping some of you could help me bring the price down closer to $600-$650 while keeping the same CPU and GPU. This is my first build and I am not very knowledgeable as to what I can and cannot make cheaper while maintaining a respectable gaming PC. USE: Gaming Also I really really like the case, hoping I can keep that, I don't want any acrylic windows. Please note I won't have a disc drive I don't think so I do need a USB version of windows 10. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $132.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - X370 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $100.88 @ OutletPC
Memory Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $55.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Inland - 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $49.99 @ Amazon
Video Card PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card $129.99 @ Newegg
Case Cougar - MX340 ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $54.99 @ Newegg Business
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $139.49 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.69 CFM 120mm Fan $6.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fan Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.69 CFM 120mm Fan $6.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $768.08
Mail-in rebates -$40.00
Total $728.08
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-29 13:51 EDT-0400

Thank you very much!

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $132.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard $71.64 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $49.99 @ Adorama
Video Card ASRock - Radeon RX 570 4 GB Phantom Gaming D Video Card $129.99 @ Newegg
Case DIYPC - P48-W ATX Mid Tower Case $32.96 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $46.99 @ Amazon
Other Windows 10 Home - Full Version 32 & 64-bit (USB Flash Drive) $139.99 @ Newegg
Other Micron 512GB 1100 TLC 3D NAND SATA III $44.99
Total $649.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-29 14:34 EDT-0400

SSD link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA53D9158220

IF you can spare an extra $2 go this way instead but You Need to jump on these deals Fast

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $139.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard $71.64 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $49.99 @ Adorama
Storage HP - EX900 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $0.00
Storage Seagate - Constellation ES.3 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $39.95 @ Amazon
Video Card ASRock - Radeon RX 570 4 GB Phantom Gaming D Video Card $129.99 @ Newegg
Case DIYPC - P48-W ATX Mid Tower Case $32.96 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $46.99 @ Amazon
Other Windows 10 Home - Full Version 32 & 64-bit (USB Flash Drive) $139.99 @ Newegg
Total $651.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-29 14:52 EDT-0400

The SSD is included with the CPU from Newegg but as soon as people realize the sale they will go fast.

The Hard Disk is the enterprise model with double the cache for faster response times for a hard disk.

• 12 months ago
  • 2 points

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $93.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $55.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Kingston - A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus - Radeon RX 570 4 GB ROG STRIX Video Card $85.00
Case Cougar - MX340 ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $54.99 @ Newegg Business
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.39 @ OutletPC
Total (before mail-in rebates) $644.12
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $614.12
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-29 14:35 EDT-0400

Try this

I swapped the CPU to a 2200G. It is a 4c/4t CPU, but will be fine for most gaming at 1080p. You can also toss in a more powerful CPU later on down the line.

I swapped the board to a B450 to avoid any potential BIOS updates as of this post.

I kept the RAM since it is a solid price for 2x4 3000 Mhz

I swapped the storage to a 480 GB SSD from Kingston. I wouldn't use Inland, you can get a quality SSD from a brand that I trust like Kingston for only a little bit more. You can toss in a 1 TB HDD later on down the line for about $40 USD. It will be a tad difficult working with 480 GB right now, but it will be far more frustrating to have to try to clone your HDD to and SSD or reinstall Windows.

One of the biggest money savers was buying a used GPU. You can find an RX 570 off a site like eBay for about $85 USD. So long as you follow common knowledge when buying used you should be fine.

The case and PSU should be fine

I dropped the fans and changed the OS. I did just realize that it says that it is an OEM key, but it is sold from OutletPC and is available to select from PCPP so you should be fine. If that is not allowed per PCPP TOS then go to Microsoft.com and buy a key from them. You can also go to Microsoft.com and get the media creation tool. If you run the program you can set up a flash drive as a boot device to install Windows 10. Along the path of installing it you can put in the key that you have to activate Windows.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the advice! I've had a couple of people try to explain to me how to download and buy windows 10, then put it on a USB to put it on my new computer, and I've never quite understood it. In addition to , I don't have access to a computer that is able to run Windows 10. Sadly the only computer me or any of my family has that is not apple is a 9 year old computer that can't use windows 10. So would I need to buy a windows 10 usb then? since I won't have a. disc drive or access to a pc to get windows 10 pre-installed on a usb?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

It is essentially a program. You go to Microsoft.com and download the media creation tool. You plug an empty flash drive in and then run the media creation tool. At some point in the process you select the empty flash drive and it will make that flash drive a bootable flash drive. Once you have built your new PC you will boot to that flash drive and you can install Windows 10. You should be able to download the media creation tool on just about any computer.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

oh wow. thank you for clearing this up. I thought I would have had to download Win10 on it. My toaster currently has vista I think, I'm not sure it can support Win10 but I will try the method as you explained it!

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

get a hard drive instead of an SSD (you can always get that later) i know that the fractal designs focus G includes 2 fans so that would let you take one off the list

that would save you like 18-ish bucks right there

i will say i've heard somethings about power colors GPUs having terrible thermals, (but i'm unsure if that effects the RX570 line they make)

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

it's a poor idea to get a hhd to boot off of, espeically when you can just get a ssd and then get a hard drive for storage later on.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

it's honestly not that bad, unless your literally sitting in your chair Staring at the screen, it'll still be within 15 seconds for the most part

[comment deleted]
  • 12 months ago
  • 1 point

There is an Rx 570 on Amazon for 99 dollars right now. You should look into that.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 12 months ago
  • 2 points

You already know the rules. Why break them?

Use of Windows must be done with a legitimate product key.

Per Microsoft:

You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method.

For more information please see: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Also id suggest getting a smalller SSD and getting a used HDD

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

DON'T DO THAT D: better to get a new HDD then one that's already used, you have no idea how often it was used and it could die on you within a month

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i regret saying that.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree, strip out the SSD and replace it with a 1/2 TB hard drive. Lose the fans too. See if you can get the case on ebay, along with the RAM. The other stuff it's better to get new, especially for a first build. As long as you are sensible, and don't get scammed, e.g. expect reasonable prices you should be fine. The GPU will be fine for gaming, along with the CPU, no issues there.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

can probably switch to r7 1700 and get a cheaper board, dropping power supply to bronze would probably save around 20, so about 50 saved there (depending on board choice), with a harddrive like a 1tb from seagate is like 35 so another 10 going to 60. just some guesses. want to switch to linux?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a copy of Windows 10 Home on a DVD and then use the download tool from Microsoft and put Win10 on a flash drive using the key from the DVD package. That's $40 right there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube