• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

kphanipavan@gmail.com 2 months ago

Hello, I was formatting my pendrive via CMD. and I accidently select my boot drive instead of the USB drive. And the boot drive got formatted. and there are no partitions left in it. Is it possible to recover. some data from that formatted hard disk? Please reply ASAP

Comments Sorted by:

mroshaw 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

First things first, don't install ANYTHING on your formatted drive. If you do, you'll greatly reduce your chances of recovering the content (new files may overwrite locations on the drive that might otherwise have been recoverable). You could try something free like Recuva, see if you can recover anything - chances are pretty good if you did a quick format and haven't used the drive since. You'll need to create a separate OS installation so that you can boot your PC and attach your formatted boot drive as a secondary device. Or use another PC with your boot drive attached. There are a bunch of other applications that you could download and try. Otherwise, you may have some luck with 3rd party data recovery, but it'll cost you.

kphanipavan@gmail.com submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Thank you very much. I will tell you the results soon

eesti 1 point 2 months ago

what mroshaw said, I would suggest using a portable linux distro