add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Graphic card for ryzen build

Hgproks
  • 12 months ago

Hi, I recently built a PC with a ryzen 3 2200g for my son. Now I'm thinking I would like to eventually build myself a PC too. So, my gameplan is to use his 2200g in the PC I'll build for myself and get him a cpu and separate graphics card. Can you recommend a graphics card he can use now with his 2200g while I save up to build my computer. Also, can you recommend a cpu that will work with your recommended graphics card. The PC has an MSI b450m gaming plus motherboard. Thanks Oh, budget would be around $300 if I can get something decent. My son is 10, so he's playing fortnite and Roblox now but would like to future proof if possible. Thanks again

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

An RX 570 would be fine for the games that you’ve specified

CPU-wise, another 2200G would be fine, but if you can stretch to a 2600 or a 2400G, it would be fine.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Futureproofing a little for your son is a good idea. While it would be fairly straightforward, for $300, to tick all his gaming boxes right now, you never know what game will be the next fad and how it will eat up hardware performance.

CPU wise, keep as is, no need to change.

If 8GB of RAM, upgrade to 16GB if possible.

GPU wise, GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580/590 is where I would be looking.

That should set your Son up for a good while.

$300 budget will be pushed a little.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, great. Thanks for the help. Not sure if this post will get seen again but would you recommend one brand over another. I assume MSI or gigabyte are both good. I did install 16GB of 3200 ram when I built it. Thanks for any info. :)

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

MSI and Gigabyte are great. Cannot go wrong with either here. Good luck with the rest of build.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. One more question, are XFX cards good? Seems like they are priced pretty good. One website I was reading gave it a good rating. Thanks again for any help. Everyone on this forum has been incredibly helpful.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I have owned a couple of XFX cards before, no issues to report, A-OK. Look nice as well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube