add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What CPU Cooler should I go with for a Nickel GPU Block from EK?

DubstepOracle
  • 16 months ago

So I posted this in CPU Coolers because the CPU Cooler I buy is dependant on the compatibility between both the CPU Cooler and the GPU Cooler and there is no GPU Cooler section. Sorry if this isn't the place to post! As the title says, I am wondering what CPU Cooler to use with an EK Vector RTX 2080 RGB Cooler. This cooler has a copper varient without RGB. My concern comes from horror stories of corroded metals killing PCs. I am not sure what to do at this point. Should I:

• Stick to air cooling
  • Change to a Copper GPU Block
  • Change to a Nickel CPU Block

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 3 points

Nickel and copper are perfectly fine to run together. Whichever version of the Vector block you choose, I'd match the CPU block to just for aesthetic reasons.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

So I should go for the Velocity D-RGB Nickel + Plexi if I go for the Vector RTX 2080 RGB Nickel + Plexi?

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

That would be my vote! D-RGB if you want addressable RGB and RGB if you want the standard single color RGB :)

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You mean air cooler or waterblock. If you are talking about a waterblock then probably stick to nickel so you don't have to buy another gpu block.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You can mix copper and nickel plated copper blocks without corrosion issues. Just don't use a silver kill coil when you have nickel plated components in your loop.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube