• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

fredointhecut 3 months ago

Despite the fact I'm one of the best part pickers on this site, my builds keep being down voted. I've only been on this site a few months and I already have haters, that's crazy.

Comments Sorted by:

manirelli staff 8 Builds 49 points 3 months ago

Despite the fact I'm one of the best part pickers on this site

Not a great start to this type of post. While some people may downvote you more than others the votes are extremely widespread. There is no evidence of collusion or targeted downvoting. It may be time to take a look at what you post, how you post, and the reactions from those responding to you.

1/20 EDIT: I'm locking this thread. The point has been made and advice has been given. No need to pile on any more.

ssjg5rlly 21 points 3 months ago

Evidence of no targeted downvotes.

manirelli 1 fredointhecut 0

NoblePCC 12 points 3 months ago

We gather here today to remember fredointhecute a person who will be rememered for whining about spam downvotes before being downvoted 6 foot under....

[comment deleted by staff]
Root_User 7 points 3 months ago

"But but but George Soros is financing the evil downvoters."

ZedSamCat 4 points 3 months ago

in sarcastic voice

bUt hE diD tHouGh

JCMsergox 4 Builds 5 points 3 months ago

Dunked on by a mod.

F

Root_User 14 points 3 months ago

Sure.

I've only been on this site a few months and I already have haters, that's crazy.

Mods can check if people are "excessively" targeting you in particular. In general though, comment karma isn't worth caring about. Sometimes it will correlate with quality content (in some sort of hand-wavy absolute sense, rather than just by the opinion of the poster), sometimes not.

IamNotGoodWithUsernames 1 Build 12 points 3 months ago

Stop, ego-centrism will NOT gain you popularity, especially on the internet so stop and think before you type. You will make mistakes, like i and everyone else will have to lose an argument at least every once and a while

my builds keep being down voted

Because you need to think before you type, do some level of research rather than following the opinions of expert builders, a trap too many people on this site fall into. You cannot jsut make lists because they sound good but do at least a bit more research into your lists.

I already have haters

Im not sure why but the word "hater" has always left a sour taste in my mouth, it reminds me of MS and HS where kids would wear " I hate haters " T-shirts as a way to warn the world that they probably don't take criticism well. You can't go on the internet, complain about "haters" and be taken in a positive light. Also i don't think there's a singe person on this site that is unanimously despised because PCPP isn't some "hate mob" of " insert joke about stereotypical internet outcasts who lash out their frustration to randos ".

Nobody is going around mass disliking your posts just because they dont like you but anytime you get downvoted it is for a reason.

fredointhecut submitter -33 points 3 months ago

I just want the respect I know my builds deserve. The only reason I get down voted is because of haters, period. I’ve put together a cheaper, faster builds and still got down voted just because it’s from me.

WirelessCables 1 Build 13 points 3 months ago

I’ve put together a cheaper, faster builds and still got down voted just because it’s from me.

I highly doubt that. Nobody knows who you are, so where's the incentive?

I just want the respect I know my builds deserve.

Respect is earned, not given.

The only reason I get down voted is because of haters, period.

So what are they hating on you for?

If you've made a parts list that's faster and cheaper than the "competition" (It's not, but you know what I mean), people would be glad that you created such a good list. This is generally a 'pure' and 'clean' community, so I'd expect people would congratulate sooner than downvote.

fredointhecut submitter -22 points 3 months ago

the upvote system should just be abolished entirely.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 16 points 3 months ago

Why? Because you'd rather there not be a quantitative way to track your helpfulness (or lack thereof in this case)?

VapidDarkness 11 points 3 months ago

Why? because you keep getting down voted?

DarTroX 12 Builds 6 points 3 months ago

I disagree

JCMsergox 4 Builds 6 points 3 months ago

Kek

ZedSamCat 5 points 3 months ago

Then what happens to the karma store?

DarTroX 12 Builds 3 points 3 months ago

It gets merged with the GorkBuck store, obviously

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

The real reason the upvote system exists.

IamNotGoodWithUsernames 1 Build 6 points 3 months ago

I just want the respect I know my builds deserve

You have to be some sort of troll, either that or you have no idea how life works.

The only reason I get down voted is because of haters, period.

Got to keep that narrative and bury your head in the sand from those "haters" because internet karma matters to you more than how helpful you are to other PC builders. Otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread.

I’ve put together a cheaper, faster builds

That's good but that alone wont give you the eg. i mean respect that you so desperately want.

and still got down voted just because it’s from me.

" You need a high IQ to understand my PC Part Picker Lists "

You reap what you sow and i won't be responding to this pointless thread anymore.

akimboo 4 points 3 months ago

i like ur name tho rip fredo

akimboo 3 points 3 months ago

I don't want to be rude, but nobody cares about you that much, I've never seen you until just now and you act like you are some sort of celebrity here. I don't think anybody has said "oh look its fredointhecut, gonna downvote just because I don't like him"

PrivatePengu 2 points 2 months ago

This.

Fredo is being really obnoxious about his "ranking" in the PCPP community. Sure, you might make good parts lists (Not saying that's true though), but that doesn't mean you're above anyone else or that anyone is targeting you specifically.

Hell, this is the first time I've seen you here in the little over a year I've been active.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

In all my time on this site I've never seen anyone have a single comment downvoted more than you. Might tell you something.

Zeromus725 10 points 3 months ago

“Despite the fact I'm one of the best part pickers on this site,”

You’re very humble too, lol.

Anyways, all jokes aside, I’ve looked through some of your recent comments. They seem fine to me. I’d imagine a mod will see this post at some point, see it as targeted downvoting from someone, and resolve the issue.

“well it's a wrong opinion.”

Also, for future reference, saying somebody’s opinion is “wrong” rarely ever evokes a positive response. Perhaps in the future you could do this in a less abrasive fashion? A suitable tactic to use in the stead of insult is teaching. Rather than informing an individual that they are wrong, display to them how in the future they could be right.

fredointhecut submitter -11 points 3 months ago

I prefer to be direct than passive aggressive.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 9 points 3 months ago

Well, prefer what you like. But, if you want your words to be effective you're going to have to change some things.

vagabond139 5 Builds 7 points 3 months ago

Take from someone who is a very direct person. There is a massive difference between being direct and passive aggressive. Being direct would be getting straight to the point, being passive aggressive would be making a comment similar to the one you made instead of being direct about why you choose the case and why it having no fans and the BIOS update isn't a issue (its a MASSIVE problem though).

fredointhecut submitter -19 points 3 months ago

airflow is not as important as people on here make it out to be, it’s not life of death for a system. It will run fine, leave the side panel off if you’re that paranoid.

I may not know the ins & outs of a computer but no one is a better pc part picker than me, that’s just how I feel after being on here a few months.

Xizt 1 Build 9 points 3 months ago

how modest. That will def get you more karma for sure :)

vagabond139 5 Builds 8 points 3 months ago

This is exactly why you are being downvoted a ton. You can't admit you are wrong and are picking battles that can't be won such as stating having no airflow is ok. Its going to cause the build to run significantly hotter than it has to, there is a reason why cases have fans. Plus having the idea you are better than everyone else doesn't help you either. You don't have "haters", this ain't some drama filled toxic forum. All you have is a lot of people that disagree with your comments. You're getting downvoted for a reason. In this post it is probably becasue you think you are superior to everyone else. In that post you could have just said you thought it came with fans and then recommended some to the case instead of saying their opinion is wrong and then trying to defend the idea having no fans is ok in this post.

M0RKILLZ.twitch 6 points 3 months ago

Never seen you before on this site, but now it seems the 'hate' is justified.

EDIT: Usually, when a post gets lots of downvotes on this site, it is because it is either insulting or wrong in some way. I don't really see people going on downvoting sprees here, and I have been lurking for a long time.

Slingshott 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Not as long as me. April 17 2016 is when I joined on my first acc and I’ve never seen someone get downvoted as badly as him. Even nater doesn’t get downvoted that much. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike nater but he sometimes provides factually wrong information. However, Fredointhecut is a unknown person (unlike nater) who seems like an egotistical charlatan.

WirelessCables 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

airflow is not as important as people on here make it out to be

I mean, I guess it depends on your definition of 'important'. For example, it's generally better to run with a neutral or positive pressure system over a negatively pressured one so dust isn't sucked through unfiltered crevices / openings.

Also having no fans... isn't great...

It will run fine, leave the side panel off if you’re that paranoid.

Yes, it will, but that eliminates the whole purpose of having dust filters in the first place.

I may not know the ins & outs of a computer but no one is a better pc part picker than me

Time for me to be direct. Stop. This is what's getting you downvoted.

Nullarc77 4 Builds 3 points 3 months ago

You can be direct without sounding like a jerk. Looking over your comments and lists it appears your downvotes come from your wording making you sound like a jerk. You can be direct without sounding like a jerk.

You could say "Well that part choice is stupid." Or you could say."For the price that part is not that good. It would be better to go with this."

Not calling you a jerk, just saying the way your comments are worded make you sound like one.

Gilroar 1 Build 9 points 3 months ago

Excessive down voting flags and the mods see it and if it's targeted they deal with it.

Yes it does. A while ago somebody went on a mass downvoting spree against me and within an hour the nods had restored my karma and banned the user. And I didn't even inform file a report about my missing karma.

MoreAlphaLine 2 Builds 9 points 3 months ago

claims to be the best builder

spends 2/3 of budget on 2080Ti and uses a case with zero fans which will toast that GPU

Granddy 1 Build 8 points 3 months ago

Someone actually caring for karma?

Karma store doesn't exist for the greedy.

DarTroX 12 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

This^

Now if only I knew that back in 2016 lol

ssjg5rlly 8 points 3 months ago

Strange. A lot of the things I put together on this site are poor excuses for machines and I still get upvoted.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 6 points 3 months ago

Maybe it's because you don't act like an ***? I guess we'll never know.

ssjg5rlly 5 points 3 months ago

If that is a compliment thank you <3

Nullarc77 4 Builds 4 points 3 months ago

Looking over some of the OP's comments I think you are right.

He claims to "be direct" yet I don't think he realizes you can straight up spout the facts without sounding like a total Fargonian Ice-Hole.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Fargonian Ice-Hole

xD

VapidDarkness 7 points 3 months ago

I've seen some of your comments and this is not true lol. Stop lying to yourself.

Nullarc77 4 Builds 6 points 3 months ago

I bet I'm more humble than you.

Zeromus725 4 points 3 months ago

No one can be more humble than I!

Root_User 4 points 3 months ago

It's treason, then.

Does 900 degree spin while shouting

RWAAAAEAAAA

Zeromus725 3 points 3 months ago

Could you add 8101 degrees please?

AceBalthazar 4 Builds 6 points 3 months ago

Buddy you've lost more karma in this single post than your entire time on PCPP.

ssjg5rlly 4 points 3 months ago

He has no karma mate!

AceBalthazar 4 Builds 4 points 3 months ago

yeah, because of this topic lol. he had some before this though

ssjg5rlly 4 points 3 months ago

Even I have karma lol

tomtomj2 9 Builds 3 points 3 months ago

He needs something more real, like money! No money, no deal!

ssjg5rlly 3 points 3 months ago

But then the Karma Store...

tigerclaw99 2 points 3 months ago

You sound like a troydarin

tomtomj2 9 Builds 3 points 3 months ago

What do you think you’re some kind of Jedi waving your hand around like that?

ssjg5rlly 6 points 3 months ago

I'm one of the best part pickers on this side

well your opinion is wrong

tigerclaw99 3 points 3 months ago

Yepidi yep

G_I_L 6 points 2 months ago

I don't really know you and I haven't seen any of your lists, but from what I can tell, you seem a little bit arrogant despite people telling you the flaws in some of your parts lists. I advise you to do a little bit more research on balance, and to be a little less arrogant. You'll gain that comment karma back in no time.. Maybe throw some humor in the mix, it's like sugar, very important.

Edit: I've seen you put a GT 1030 in a build now.. that's a bit odd..

Edit 2:

yes cooling matters but it's not life or death for a system, it shouldn't take priority in a build where you have to downgrade a 2080 ti to a 2080 just for some fans.

That 2080Ti of yours could DIE because of the heat. Just straight up gone. It’s best to keep it cooled.

so the only way to get air into a case is by fans? There's air everywhere. as long as there are air holes in the case it'll be fine. That is your opinion because not every case is the same, and like I've said previously you shouldn't downgrade your build for some fans.

So the only way to cool down in summer is by fans? There’s air everywhere. As long as there’s a window open in the room you’ll be fine.

no. non k series intel cpus are just not worth it. You could wait for the 9700KF that's going to be cheaper due to the lack of an iGPU. But you might have to wait a month or 2.

What? Non k series intel cpus aren’t worth it? They’re pretty great and also recommended by lots of experts depending on the budgets and needs of people.

Notes: you also seem to prioritize having 16GB of ram, it really isn’t necessary in most cases. ESPECIALLY if the budget is like, 550..

Your case choices are typically a bit peculiar and cheap.

A thing that I also do, but that’s only for myself and because I’m stubborn, is pick a high capacity SSD when you really don’t need it. In fact, a 1TB hard drive and a smaller, fairly cheap SSD for the OS and important programs is plenty. This can actually leave room for that cooling AND your 2080Ti! :D

fredointhecut submitter -4 points 2 months ago

ok first of all I’m not going to change my personality for pcpp, I am who I am by and if you don’t like it then that’s your problem.

Since when did pc part picking have anything to do with personalities? We’re here to help people pick pc part lists, period.

The GT 1030 was for an office business pc build, I wanted something that will support dual monitors.

That case will not kill the 2080 ti and I’ve alre covered this, at worst it might throttle. however the reasoning behind my choice is because case fans should be an afterthought. They’re literally only $30.

Non K Intel CPUs are worthless because it’s the only thing that makes Intel CPUs worth buying over Ryzen.

and I do choose 8gb ram for ultra budget builds, but the price difference between 8gb and 16gb is literally only $20.

G_I_L 4 points 2 months ago

I’m not going to change my personality for pcpp

Since when did pc part picking have anything to do with personalities

Woah thers, lad.. you don’t have to change, you may just be seen as rude sometimes. It be like that. But really, you’re freaking out over comment karma.. if you’re nice and have good builds you get more. If you’re rude and you don’t have the best builds it’s less likely. You come off jumpy, arrogant and a bit rude, people just do not like that. They downvote that. It’s just a downvote, man..

Case fans should not be an afterthought. Cases matter.

Dual monitors do not even require a videocard most of the time (in my experience).

That’s picking a higher end 8 and a lower end 16. Those $20 could go towards not frying your PC.. you can always add 8 gigs too.

Non K intel CPUs are great budget choices, sometimes. Intel has an advantage being single core performance. They do it well.

Ice44 1 Build 5 points 3 months ago

maybe your opinion of yourself is why

ZedSamCat 5 points 3 months ago

I'm one of the best part pickers on the site

Right, and i'm Mike Wazowski.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 7 points 3 months ago

And I am C-3PO, human cyborg and relations. Fluent in over 6 million form of communications. It’s nice to meet you sir.

ZedSamCat 2 points 3 months ago

:O nice to meet you sir

tragiktimes101 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

Well, I'm Rick James, *****!

ZedSamCat 1 point 3 months ago

I'm Elvis Presely, back from the dead!

I'm Will Smith.

It's rewind time

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 5 points 3 months ago

Lets take a look, shall we? Here is one of your lists, with 2 downvotes.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $399.89 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Scythe - FUMA Rev.B 79 CFM CPU Cooler $46.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $175.56 @ Newegg Business
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $119.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Crucial - MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $134.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $67.10 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $68.79 @ B&H
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $98.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan $11.49 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fan be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 PWM 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan $11.49 @ SuperBiiz
Other RTX 2060 $349.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1484.28
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-15 11:43 EST-0500

You could have easily opted for a 2700x/9600k and 2080, yet instead it’s a largely un/optimized and only half decent parts lists. I suggest you admit your own faults, or manirelli will be happy to hit you with the hammer. None of us made the perfect list first time, just accept you can’t make the best list and wok on improving.

ssjg5rlly 6 points 3 months ago

Not to mention he put OEM copy of Windows.

fredointhecut submitter -13 points 3 months ago

can we stop this full copy of windows meme please, most people aren't going to be constantly switching their copy of windows over to new computers unless they're system testers.

VapidDarkness 4 points 3 months ago

So if something happens to the pc and they have to start anew **** em right?

tomtomj2 9 Builds 4 points 3 months ago

So if something happens to the pc and they have to start anew **** em right?

Technically yes with an OEM copy usually it’s only good with one PC but from personal experience I’ve found that you can actually change the motherboard and most of the time it’ll stay activated. I actually did it with two of my systems, one was a Ryzen Prebuilt and the other a Sandy Bridge prebuilt. It usually works when you keep the platform the same and don’t switch to a different socket.

That’s being said I would never recommend buying an OEM copy as like everyone else said, makes no sense.

VapidDarkness 3 points 3 months ago

Yeah, I've had it work sometimes and not work others.

At higher budgets its good to include anyways. Personally I have had 0 problems with windows activation and Microsoft lately, since they have tied the activation to Microsoft accounts. But still, it’s another flaw in this list, and another reason for somebody to downvote. I would advise you right now to just stop before you get banned.

fredointhecut submitter -8 points 3 months ago

Banned for what? Having a different opinion on system building? For not wanting to be attacked & down voted for my builds? For being confident in my abilities as a pc part picker? I don’t recommend using illegal windows keys, I’m respectful to other users even when they are not being respectful to me. All I do is try to helpful & then get attacked for my builds.

It’s sickening the way I’m treated on here.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 4 points 3 months ago

Respect here isn’t given, it’s earned. Right now you are going on about how you are great and perfect, and everyone else is wrong but you. You builds aren’t being attacked, they are being critiqued for not being the absolute best. Go ahead and look st the downvoted and how much karma you lost.

WirelessCables 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

It’s sickening the way I’m treated on here.

You're doing this yourself. Treat others with respect, and they should do the same to you.

ssjg5rlly 2 points 3 months ago

We do not advocate piracy on this site.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

Switching your parts out while keeping the same Windows copy isn’t piracy though.

ssjg5rlly 2 points 3 months ago

oof

fredointhecut submitter -17 points 3 months ago

lol the build was for WOW, a game that needs i7 to run at it's best and hardly uses the gpu. 2700x would of been a terrible option. For any other game I would of picked 2700x/ 2080 but this is the best build for WOW, period.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 7 points 3 months ago

Either way the point is nobody’s part list is perfect, and you are calling yourself the absolute best when in reality that’s not the case. I play a lot of CS:GO. And I do pretty good in casual sometimes, at a K/D of 2.5/1 even. But I recognize that I can’t go pro, and it’s not even a vague possibility. However that doesn’t stop me from improving, and having fun. The pint is you have to be able to recognize you aren’t perfect. Right now it seems that isn’t what’s happening here.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 4 points 3 months ago

lol the build was for WOW, a game that needs i7 to run at it's best and hardly uses the gpu. 2700x would of been a terrible option.

You’re joking right?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/76459

WOW isn’t even that demanding of a game. Sure it’s recommended specs is an “i7-4770” but that CPU is almost 5 years old now, and is about the same performance as a Ryzen 5 1400. You could literally run this game on a potato. It would run perfectly fine on a 2700X...

fredointhecut submitter -5 points 3 months ago

system requirements don’t show the full picture, here’s some test done where the 2700x struggled to hit 60fps

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/World-of-Warcraft-Battle-for-Azeroth-Spiel-61376/Specials/WOW-Addon-Benchmark-Test-Review-1262749/2/

Some more tests

https://youtu.be/vIjTIIfIo2Q

WOW is an old game and doesn’t use the extra cores on the 2700x thus it runs slower than the Intel counterpart.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 5 points 3 months ago

Yes, that’s at 4K where the CPU does not matter as much as the GPU will. Considering they used a Titan XP and you have an RTX 2060 on the list, they better be playing at 1080p where it actually matters or FPS will be low no matter what.

You still don’t NEED an i7 by your logic then because, I quote:

WOW is an old game and doesn’t use the extra cores on the 2700x thus it runs slower than the Intel counterpart.

So why not get the cheaper i5 then? Should perform just as well as single core performance is on par.

fredointhecut submitter -7 points 3 months ago

did you watch the youtube video? in WOW you're almost entirely CPU bound, and I didn't pick the i5 because it doesn't perform as well as the 9700k, I shouldn't need to explain that. it feels like you're nitpicking just to be negative. It was a good build and fit into op's budget, the end.

TheOtherside 1 Build 5 points 3 months ago

Downvote this comment.

If no one on this site pays your bills, let them downvote all the want. Lol.

If someone doesnt like me or what I have to share, great!

WirelessCables 1 Build 5 points 3 months ago

I'm gonna try to help you out here

Your lists are not that great right now. But, that's ok. Learn from your mistakes. You'll improve as you go.

In other words, it's ok to make an only so-so parts list and then learn from the criticism to make your next list better, but it's not ok to make a so-so list and claim you're the best and that everyone else is just a hater.

It's ok to be wrong. If you say something wrong and are corrected, that's not being a hater. That's someone trying to help you out.

It's also ok to be direct. But, it's not ok to sound like a jerk. For example, this:

“well it's a wrong opinion.”

makes you sound like a jerk. Instead, you could go with something like "I disagree lol, but out of curiosity, why do you think that?". Not trying to put words in your mouth, but saying, as Zeromus said, you can convey the same message in a less abrasive way.

WirelessCables 1 Build 4 points 3 months ago

I've only been on this site a few months and I already have haters, that's crazy.

Hmmm... :P

Anyway as others have said, the staff can see whether or not you're being 'targeted' or not. I'm guessing they'll see or have seen this.

Xizt 1 Build 4 points 3 months ago

Hey, so I don't really know you, although I do admit I haven't been active on PCPP for quite awhile now, so I wouldn't know how active you are /how many haters you have etc. but judging by your previous comments, it isn't a "hater" targeting you and downvoting you. Rather, I think it is due to comments like these:

well it's a wrong opinion.

PCPP is a really friendly community, so you're probably not gonna get any haters purposely making alt accounts to downvote you. Rather, it's probably your "blunt" comments like those that are getting you downvotes.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 4 points 3 months ago

Stop.

my builds keep being down voted

So? They're just virtual internet points. Not like it really matters all that much.

Adrew24 1 Build 4 points 3 months ago

I live, breathe, and sweat comment karma. Every day when I wake up, my sole mission is to gain more karma. It's all that is important, and karma directly influences how intelligent you are.

/s

floridaboz 4 Builds 4 points 3 months ago

I just want to know why nobody comes to the forums and complains about being unfairly upvoted?

WirelessCables 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

Good point...

(Seriously, that's an interesting thought lol)

floridaboz 4 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

slkipp, something like that, lol

ZFGeek 1 Build 4 points 3 months ago

Wow, this topic got 977 views. I think this topic has the most views I've ever seen on a topic.

Granddy 1 Build 4 points 3 months ago

It's now over 1000.

Kinda sad isn't it?

ZFGeek 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

This topic almost has as many views as the pinned topic 'off topic rules'. 1100 views for this and 1200 for the pinned one.

Nullarc77 4 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

I guess people need a goid laugh.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 4 points 2 months ago

Ah this thread never ends it seems. Reminds me of when Unrealisticman went on a political bigoted tirade, before that when Eurobeat literally insulted the whole community and when Rolfjec trolled the website with his AMD fanboy topics. You have officially surpassed all of them at this point, in one thread.

I’d give advice and say stop and save yourself, but you’ve literally argued with every piece of advice and dug this hole so deep theres no point in me trying. lololololol

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 3 points 2 months ago

I’m actually happy this thread exists as it’s a massive karma farm.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 4 points 2 months ago

I would keep arguing with him but honestly, I’ve got better things to do.

Besides, Karma is no good out here, need something more real!

MichelWeber 3 points 3 months ago

I did a little looking around before commenting.

For one, why is it so important for you to have karma points? If you had a 1000 how would that change your life (other than creating and posting on this thread?) You can't do anything with those points - no one outside of this site knows they exist.

As you have stated in the thread, you have received numerous positive feedback from helping others with your builds. Sounds like you have a lot of success with that, but you are still not happy.

Also, what criteria are you basing your self rating on to be one of the best part pickers?

As far as your builds go, and I'm no expert, I do notice some don't have any case fans. And a few don't have CPU Coolers - maybe the CPUs come with one - I don't know, and I didn't research that. But for case fans I would think it would be worth the investment to get at least two unless the person asking for build advice specifically indicated minimal noise and no fans. That might be way the builds are down voted?

Another point is the tone of this thread, as many have indicated, does not help your case.

Good luck.

LIVE_AMMO 3 points 3 months ago

Come on guys cut Fredo some slack!

Fredo, was that a typo? maybe the words out-skirted the thoughts? If not, i agree with Manirelli - spend a little time looking at the reasons offered by the few potential downvoters as most likely these will be well-justified.

Nullarc77 4 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

A few things I have noticed while looking over your part lists is that you seem to stick to the budget even when you can go way under and have it not really affect performance, mainly on office type builds. You also do not rationalize your part choices. As in you don't explain ehy you chose something.

fredointhecut submitter -4 points 3 months ago

exactly I stick to budget. I do have a rational behind my part choices and I explain them when questioned. Like said I don't know the ins and outs of a computer, I just know how to make a good pc part list.

I think you completely and totally missed my poinpt. When putting together for example an office PC with a budget of say $500 without anything else, just the hardware. If the PC is only going to be for office work you can far under shoot the $500. Saving the person money and not buying extra stuff they don't need.

Like said I don't know the ins and outs of a computer, I just know how to make a good pc part list.

From what I have seen the best people on this site for putting together part lists are the ones who have the most knowledge of performance. If you don't than your build will be over looking several things. Looking at your part lists you have put together it seems like you are honestly trying, but you need to do more research to make better informed decisions.

I do have a rational behind my part choices and I explain them when questioned

Nothing is more annoying to a person trying to get help than a list with absolutely not rational to the decosions. Because too many questions pop i. their head. Better to save you and them more time by explaining why you chose those parts in the first place.

fredointhecut submitter -5 points 3 months ago

I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to pc part picking. Pick the fastest components your budget will allow. Personally I think it's kind of patronising to down play someone's budget and their needs.

Contrary to popular belief in this thread, I do research my part lists thoroughly, I don't know all the big fancy words like y'all but I know whats fast and what's a good deal.

I mainly post on create a part list for me instead of part list opinions because the users there just want a part list and don't need an explanation or opinion.

Nullarc77 4 Builds 3 points 2 months ago

I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to pc part picking

Well that is your opinion. And while in most cases I can agree, but in the realm of an office PC there really is no reason to spend $500 on it(As per the example I gave earlier) when most of that performance will be wasted. You don't need much for web browsing and doing spread sheets. And if you have a budget of $500 you can almost build 2 office PCs for that price that will have the same effectiveness as building one for $500.

Here is a cheap but perfectly capable office PC build that will do any basic office work task without problems.

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Athlon 200GE 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor $50.79 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $72.99 @ Amazon
Memory GeIL - EVO SPEAR 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $47.98 @ Newegg
Storage Patriot - Burst 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $31.99 @ Newegg
Case Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $19.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA - BT 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ B&H
Total $253.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-19 13:02 EST-0500

And here is one that will still do all those tasks with almost no difference, but it costs nearly twice as much.

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.14 CFM CPU Cooler $29.98 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $72.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $84.99 @ Newegg
Storage Inland - 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $49.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GT 710 1 GB Video Card $37.10 @ Amazon
Case Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $19.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA - BT 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ B&H
Total $490.02
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-19 13:06 EST-0500

Both of them will do the same basic web browsing and office work with no problem at all. The only difference being that one costs twice as much for no reason other than costing twice as much.

Contrary to popular belief in this thread, I do research my part lists thoroughly, I don't know all the big fancy words like y'all but I know whats fast and what's a good deal.

First of all I never said you didn't do any research, I just said you should do more research into how all the parts work and what tasks they excel at in order to make better informed decisions.

You either know computer parts or you don't. You either know what is good for specific applications or you don't. You can't be ignorant of something and know what it does and how well it does.

I mainly post on create a part list for me instead of part list opinions because the users there just want a part list and don't need an explanation or opinion.

That is the exact place where people need information as to why. They are generally the least informed of the people looking for help on this site. So it is critical you give them your rational behind your parts.

fredointhecut submitter -2 points 2 months ago

ok first of all I don't know where y'all got the $500 budget office pc thing but op's budget was 600-700, and he would be working with large spreadsheets, and book keeping. They need a fast cpu for encryption, file compression, creating complex accounting models, that build you put together just doesn't meet his needs at all. They also need a high efficiency power supply because it will most likely stay on through the night.

Business environment = multitasking. This is what I mean by down playing user's needs

There is such thing as overkill when one part is way more powerful than the others, or the PC exceeds a person's needs. I understand you think you are right. Also notice how everyone around you is saying you are wrong. You are confused at why you are being downvoted. Put those three statements together, and you would realize that you are wrong.

PrivatePengu 1 point 3 months ago

Uhm hey yeah I need a PC, it'll just be for standard 144hz 1080p gaming, nothing too big. For budget, I guess I can spend up to 2500 USD, bu-

Alright boys bring out the custom loop!

manirelli staff 8 Builds 3 points 3 months ago

Please keep it polite.

Haze159 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

Understandable. Saw it comin.

Root_User 5 points 3 months ago

Hazing is not okay.

Haze159 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

First pun I have seen of my name

Root_User 5 points 3 months ago

Your name clouds our punvision. It has a certain haze to it.