• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

The_Dunny 5 days ago

These are kind of falling into the same price range right now. What would you recommend here? From all that I have read I am not sold on the RTX or the 2070 but I cannot see the future and I am concerned about going back in time here.

Thoughts?

Also I am not ruling out AMD's line up. I am just in the market right now. Maybe in a year I'll consider putting more money into this but as it stands I am trying to get something ordered, built and completed by early Feb.

I think I know the answer and I'll be fine with the 1070's but I am interested in any input.

Thanks!

Comments Sorted by:

Kakarotto 1 point 5 days ago

It seems like getting the RTX 2060 for $350 is the best choice, unless you can get a 1070ti for cheaper than that. The RTX 2070, if you can find one for $450 would be a good pick, but getting the RTX 2070 for that price if very, very few and far between............... unless you can use an ebay 15% off coupon code which happens once in a Blue moon and then you can use the coupon code at the newegg ebay store.

The only downside is the RTX 2060 doesn't come out until Tuesday Jan 15th, and I'll bet getting one will be a hassle. You can always try that nowinstock.net site to see if that helps you find one. I used that site to buy an RX 480 the day it was released.

The performance levels of the RTX 2060 are about the same, if not a little higher than a 1070ti. The 2060 kinda falls between the 1070ti and GTX 1080. Which makes the RTX 2070 a hard value to justify because it's only 15%-20% faster than a RTX 2060.

techpowerup has a good review on the RTX 2060 https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_RTX_2060_Founders_Edition/

The_Dunny submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Hey Kalarotto,

I appreciate the in depth feedback and the great points. I am onto those sites and 'tracking' the pricing but I am sure I wont have the time tomorrow as I do today to refresh and potentially find one.

I have also kind of come to grips with my 'set it and forget' approach here might cost a little more upfront as well. So 2070 or... time depending the new Radeon VII. I find it hard to not get on board with a company whose not really blurring the lines between their new tech and now a rumor leak of the 11XX series? .

I am no bashing NVIDIA it just seems dicey and hard to follow.

Kakarotto 1 point 3 days ago

Well the Radeon/Vega 7 card is basically a rehashed Vega card that has 60 compute units............so in some ways you could call this the Vega 60....???? The Radeon VII is supposed to come with 16gb of HBM2 memory and it supposed be priced at $699.

You can find a standard RTX 2080 for $699.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Kfrc3kk_c

Back in October, I was able to find an EVGA SC GTX 1070ti for $289 on Amazon Prime Now, but that sale lasted for only a few hours. I did in fact buy one that day. I'm not sure if you'll see a deal like that again, but I'd suggest thinking about what cards you want, then looking for a deal. Every once in a while a price that's too good might appear.

The_Dunny submitter 1 point 3 days ago
Kakarotto 2 points 3 days ago

If that’s true then I’d call that ‘Bait and Switch’

bucketofcrud12 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

the 1070 ti is already significantly more powerful than the 1070 and the 2070 still one-ups the 1070 ti in normal Rasterization rendering.

The_Dunny submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Hey Bucketofcrud12, Yeah thats pretty much it in a nutshell eh. Just have to commit to the price point now is all. I really appreciate the feedback and insight.