• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

EmployeeOfTheMonth 1 month ago

This is for a workstation/light gaming build. I have a GTX 1060 GB. Can you recommend a decent all-purpose monitor if mostly I'll be using it for internet browsing, photos, and some gaming. Around $200 please.

Comments Sorted by:

johnsrudtf 1 point 1 month ago

I would look at the LG 1080p ultrawide monitors. Ultrawide is great for productivity and gaming alike.

EmployeeOfTheMonth submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I'm used to a 27" monitor. Is this hard getting used to? Also, how do you go about looking for a good all-around monitor? Refresh rate?

johnsrudtf 1 point 1 month ago

If you live near a bestbuy or a microcenter you can probably check out the monitors there to get a feel for what they are like. I have found that having more pixels than the standard 16:9 1080p is very helpful for coding, school, and research. If you think the standard 1080p will be enough however, there are several good choices. I would generally look for an IPS display, higher than 60hz refresh rate, and freesync support. If you use the filters on this site there are many options under $200 that fit those requirements (even a 27" model). Then see if there are any reviews on the ones you are leaning towards.