• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

gome123 1 month ago

Im upgrading my pc with an i7 9600k and i have a Corsair - Dominator Platinum 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory with CAS latency 10. although DDR4 2400 isnt the fastest it has good CAS, is it fine for gaming or worth upgrading to a DDR4 3000 or higher. so question is does CAS Latency make gaming better or is it just simpler to concentrate on the speed. Thanks in advance guys.

Comments Sorted by:

bucketofcrud12 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

for intel, it doesnt matter quite as much than with AMD Ryzen. if you are satisfied with the performance, i would stay with what you have. if you are not then yeah, switch, although I dont know if you'll even see a dif. you could also overclock the RAM ya know.
A side note: did you mean i5-9600K or i7-9700K? there is no i7-9600K.

gome123 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

yer sorry i meant i7 9700k never really had a problem with it to be honest just thought maybe it will bottleneck the cpu somehow which could warrent the upgrade pointless haha. so i moght stick then might invest the money into storage. thanks

bucketofcrud12 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

yeah, I think you'll be just fine. storage...man there's never enough.

Moop1337 1 point 1 month ago

And to add, DDR2400 with a CAS of 10 is already fairly fast - more so than the budget 3200 and 3000 kits with a CAS of 16..

gome123 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Yer i was thinking that could be the case so i just wanted to make sure. Decieded to invest in more storage now anyway always need it.Thanks for the help guys appreciate it.