• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Sim92D 3 months ago

Hello everyone,

I've got a question about the impact of the NZXT Kraken X72 on the airflor withing my H700i. The X72 has a triple fan which I want to mount on the front panel, this will take away the options for aditional fans on the front for air input. Will this negatively impact air input to a point where it may hurt the temperatures in my system? Never had a watercooled CPU before, but I love the look of it. Right now I'm rocking a Hyper 212 EVO.

Would love to hear your input!

Comments Sorted by:

Smanci 2 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

Not by a huge amount but you're still pulling warm air in through the radiator. Place it on the top and you'll likely pull warm air through it.

X72 is bad value for money, though, so you can have a look at other AiOs or Air cooling, too.

Kakarotto 1 point 3 months ago

Yeah, I bought a h150i last summer and it's getting destroyed by my older EVGA clc 280. In the benchmarks I've seen the x72 isn't a whole lot better than the H150i so don't expect miracles with it. Right now my H150i is sitting on my kitchen table and I plan to test it with high static pressure 2000rpm fans to see if that helps, which i expect it not to help a lot.

The effects are minimal and it's maybe a degree or 2 if anything at all, and these can also be offset by adding rear and top cooling.

My cases have always stayed cleaner when I had more air being introduced into the case (Positive Air pressure), than what was being exhausted.

You can also mount it to the top, and if you don't like it then you can test it with the cooler in the front.