• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

happymatt1111 2 months ago

Ok, so im getting a new pc, and im giving my old pc to my brother. I was wondering the best way to transfer all the files i need from my old pc to my new pc This may be stupid but when i use my phone to put files on my pc i use a usb cable would that work, with my 2 pcs

Comments Sorted by:

Rin_Itoh 2 points 2 months ago

Do you have two fully functioning PC's? If you do then the quickest way would be to connect them by Ethernet cable and transfer the files from one to the other over the network. You can connect them to each other and it should work the same way. You just won't have internet access while they transfer. You can use your phone, but you will probably be limited by a slow read and write that your phone probably has. You could also use a USB drive and ferry the files with that.

happymatt1111 submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Ohhh ok cheers

HotShot_01 9 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

I had no idea you could do that. I will 100% do that next time i do a full rebuild of my PC if i dont keep the motherboard and storage! Hot damm i want to try that out. XD

Warlock 1 point 2 months ago

If you have huge amount of files to transfer,
You can temporarily install the HDD from the "old pc" and copy all the files over to your "new pc".
Once completed, just put the HDD back into your "old pc"

happymatt1111 submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Ok thank you