add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good Samsung B-Die Kits

AverageGangMember

17 months ago

What are some good kits of samsung b-die ram? I'm looking for something white or white and rgg sticks. Thanks.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

corsair or gskill CL14 3200mhz. 2x8gb kits.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

As far as I know, unless a manufacturer explicitly states that a memory module/kit uses Samsung B-die ICs, then you typically don't know for sure what you might be getting. The only manufacturer I've seen do that is Team Group for their Team Dark Pro DDR4-3200 CAS Latency 14 kit which I personally own and highly recommend.

However, there are several ways to narrow it down and increase the chances of getting Samsung B-die. The most certain way I know of is to look for DDR4-3200 CAS Latency 14, which is almost guaranteed to be Samsung B-die. They will also be limited to 8GB or 16GB DIMMs, so if you see 4GB DIMMs, they're not Samsung B-die. One more speed and CAS latency spec that is all-but-guaranteed to be Samsung B-die is DDR4-3600 CAS Latency 15.

I've heard it said that all memory rated at 3200 MHz (MT/s) or higher is Samsung B-die, but I know that isn't true because there are 4GB DIMMs that fall into that category and Samsung's spec sheet states only 8GB and 16GB DIMMs for B-die (8Gb ICs with either 8 or 16 ICs per DIMM, totaling 8GB or 16GB).

Anyway, I hope that helps.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

How much money are you wanting to spend? How much RAM?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

16gb and any price thats reasonable, no specific budget.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You haven't mentioned the board!

Those will work on the Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 board.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ctZ2FT/team-night-hawk-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tf2d416g3200hc16cdc01

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube