add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RAM + CPU

yoyoseby
  • 25 months ago

I started seeing that some ram are optimised for amd....for example g.skill trident z....if you go to their site you can find trident z and trident z (for amd)....so that being said if I would want to buy 2700x cpu...it won't work with the standard g.skill trident z ram???....I cannot find amd optimised rams anywhere...

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

If there is X at the end of a Trident Z memory model, it's AMD optimized (for example F4-3200C14Q-32GTZRX). Without it it's for Intel.

That being said, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), virtually any DDR4 should work with virtually any DDR4-compatible motherboard and you will not notice any speed difference without precise monitoring software.

If you want to be sure just check your motherboard's memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List) and pick a kit that is at least 16GB total. I think there are Trident Z -models in every modern QVL because of their popularity.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

That being said, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), virtually any DDR4 should work with virtually any DDR4-compatible motherboard and you will not notice any speed difference without precise monitoring software.

True, but maybe not at the the highest OC speed of those modules, and especially if all 4 slots are occupied.

The above rule may vary if it's an X470 board!

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah they are popular but i've never seen x models...only the ones for intel and i was just curious...does that mean that no x ram doesn't work with amd?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube