add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC shut down during gaming, now it won't start up

Sam_Flynn
  • 33 months ago

Please excuse my typing, my period key on my keyboard is broken lol

My rig is a Z270M Mortar with a 7600K, and it started fine today I was in a game, and it suddenly shut down I open it up, and it looks fine, (no unplugged wires or anything) I re-plug everything, and press the case power switch The LED fans start up for a millisecond, and then die I did the paperclip test, and the power supply and PC fans started up without the motherboard cable plugged in (no errors or anything) I jumped the case power jumpers on the motherboard manually and it still turns on then off quick What should I do? I need my PC up, and can't wait for a (third) RMA of parts

-Sam_Flynn

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

On my phone now, I misspoke. The PC doesn’t start up, only the fans do. So ignore that part.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

If this is a new case build, are you sure that your power switch is in the right position? If they're reversed this can occur, so consult the manual to ensure they're in the proper positions.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

It's correct. Like I said it was working fine before

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube