add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG??

Sam_Flynn
  • 34 months ago

I have two motherboards, same model Z270M Mortar from MSI. One was rocking a 7600K for a while. The other I got a G4560 for, and it couldn't boot. The mobo had the CPU light on when I put it in. So I switched with the i5, same problem. And the g4560 worked in my other mobo. The CPU pins looked a little bent, so I sent it away to get RMAed. I took the working z270M out off my case and put the g4560 in it. Same problem. So now I thought PSU. I have two PSUs, and both passed the paperclip test. One is a RS-500 from Cooler Master, the other a Smart pro 750w bronze from Thermaltake. When I turn both on with the paperclip test, both stop immediately when I plug the CPU plug into the mobo. Nothing else is plugged in btw. What is going on??? My current Mobo has 0 bent pins, and looks brand new. First to solve gets my absolute thanks ;)

-Sam_Flynn

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

both stop immediately when I plug the CPU plug into the mobo. Nothing else is plugged in btw.

reads like you didn't connect the 24pin power, try again with the 24pin plugged in.

Did you install a cooler?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

You are right. I'm not sure why I said that. The only way to turn it on is to jump the case power. No, I do not have a CPU cooler. Why? Cause my G4560 and 7600K don't get warm when I'm trying to power it on. Yes, safety hazard bla bla bla, but my current CPU cooler is really hard to mount, and I am expecting an Intel OEM cooler in the mail today.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I read your post several times, and with all the parts you have available for switching and testing, my conclusion is, that with installing the working CPUs on the damaged CPU-Socket, you somehow killed/damaged those working CPUs too, that's why they don't work on the undamaged CPU-Socket.

Does the MOBO with the undamaged CPU-Socket light up the CPU debug-light, too? Do you have a 3rd MOBO to test on?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the MOBO with the undamaged CPU-Socket light up the CPU debug-light, too?

Yes, also, i just sent it to get RMAed

Do you have a 3rd MOBO to test on?

No, all I have are two motherboards.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube