add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
F3atherz

31 months ago

Hey I was wondering if ac wifi is worth it. I'm looking to get a nice adapter under $30 or so but I'm not really a fan of (for example) gigabyte's antenna module setup solution that would stick out the back of the case rather than simply screwing on 1+ antennas to the back of the case.

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 2 points

ac is fast, but you need to check whether your router supports it. If it doesn't, there no point.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, and it does not hurt to check what your ISP provides. Having faster connection between the router and the PC than between the router and the ISP doesn't make much sense (unless you want to move tons of data on your LAN).

That being said, I would stick with Ethernet (wired) connection.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, my ISP network is actually slower than the speed of the router that they provided...sign (18 down 1.5 up).

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks mate.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

no problem

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube