add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Competitive Games?

AverageGangMember

32 months ago

I want to find more competitive games as I want to be balanced in every game and understand what people are saying when their talking about say, Minecraft. I'm already competitive in CS:GO, osu!, and Minecraft (shh certain community). What other games should I try? I don't mind if I have to spend thousands on cosmetic items.

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't mind if I have to spend thousands on cosmetic items.

What does it have to do with competitive gaming? :D

Look up ESL and their YouTube channel so you can have some idea what games are played in the Electronic Sports League.

I would suggest StarCraft 2, if you like real-time strategy games.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

What does it have to do with competitive gaming? :D

Thanks for asking so I didn't have to hahaha.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

That's half the competitivity in TF2 :D

But actually though, having a cool cosmetic does improve your chance of getting someone to help you out.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Most items in TF2 aren't cosmetic though lol.

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, in fact, they are. The majority of items in TF2 are hats, cosmetic apparel, or weapon skins.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

You're right, I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. The vast quantity of hats surely outnumbers the weapons that have unique functions.

What I should have been saying is, that many items in TF2 are functional and not merely cosmetic. These would affect your competitiveness. The actual cosmetic items would not.

To circle back, if OP is talking about spending money on cosmetics, then he would not be talking about spending money on functional items.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Team Fortress 2, definitely some kind of MOBA (examples include DOTA, LoL, Smite, etc.), Overwatch, Dark Souls, PUBG, Battlefield.

Should cover all the bases.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube