add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Headphone for around 100$-150$

PvPdrstrange

32 months ago

I currently need a headphone for max 150$. I can go for just a tiny bit higher depending on the suggestion. I will mainly use it for music and sometimes gaming and calls. I did some research myself and found, of course, the Audio Technical M series. I thought about buying the M50X, but itherebare many negative reviews on its sound quality. The white version is currently 120$, so I am really debating if you should buy these. Then I came across the M40X, which was 50$, and reviews says that it was 90% of the M50X with more natural sound quality. So I was just debating on which one I should buy. But, the problem is that a lot of reviews says that they were uncomfortable out of the box, and should replace the air cushions immediately after purchase. Then, I read this articlehttps://medium.com/@Xander51/headphone-showdown-audio-technica-m50x-vs-pioneer-dj-hrm-5-c3ac4b21af9a, introducing me the Pioneer hrm-5 for the first time. The writer of this article seems to like the pioneer better in every way. I thought that was really interesting, because the Hrm-5 is currently only 99$. So I turned my head into that direction.

In summary, I prefer white headphones, so the M50X has an advantage on color. The M40X has superior sound quality over the M50X imo, and the Pioneer HRM-5, will, there isn't really much reviews on it so does someone has this headphone or similar?if yes, can you perhaps explain your experience with it and compare it to the Audip technica M40X/M50X ???

Well, if you made it through, I am really impressed, please leave your suggestion of the headphone that I should buy, or even suggest another pair of headphones. I am welcome to suggestions and opinions.

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm wearing m50x's almost constantly. I've never listened to headphones I liked the sound of better. There are sennheiser pairs that are more clear, but lack bass or the other way around etc. But for me the m50's are my favorite to be honest.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I had the original m50 which are very similar to the m50x. For most people it's not a bad choice..build and sound quality is good for the price range and category. If you don't like high notes/treble they might not be for you though. Comfort wasn't that great but it will probably be around m40x....

considering m40x is not far behind the m50x and <half the price I'd go with those. Pioneer hasn't made any good headphones in recent years.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

So... according to you guys, It will still be better to go with audio technical??(M40X/M50X)

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Auto correction I hate you

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I am still interested with the Pioneer HRM-5. The headphone came out last year. So I consider it as new. I found another article reviewing it. Look in the comments, a lot of people recommend this over the M50X...

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are fine with having open-back headphones, then just get the Philips SHP9500's, and use the rest of your money to get something like a FX Audio DAC-X6. That is what I would do if I had $150 to spend on headphones. The audio fidelity will be absolutely beautiful.

If you still want to stick with closed-backs, then definitely go with the ATH-M40x's and buy these marvelous pads to replace the stock pads. I also recommend you buy this really nice substitute cable for what comes in the box, but you can definitely skip the cable if you are fine with the longer ones that Audio Technica provides.

I'm going to edit this in real quick because I feel like this is important. DO NOT BUY THE ATH-M50x's. They are basically ATH-M40x's with everything raised way higher than it should be and a VERY close sound-stage. The only time these would be good is for professional monitoring, and if that was your goal, you should be willing to spend more money on better headphones for getting the job done. The ATH-M40x's have much better sound and a more comfortable sound stage (especially when you add the pads I recommended), and for some reason they also feel like they have slightly more study construction. Best of luck with your decision!

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your opinion! I'll definitely it into consideration!

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

For $200 you can get Monoprice M560's, which are planar magnetic and have a fantastic bass response. They have an open and closed option and they are built like tanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Monolith-M560-Planar-Headphones/dp/B01MSH781C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497031120&sr=8-1&keywords=m560

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Does it come with other colors?!?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, audiophile headphones are usually all business in the looks department. These look sexy as hell.

• 32 months ago
  • -1 points

SteelSeries Arctis 5 in white.

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

Do you have it? if so, can you describe the audio and maybe compare it to the M50x (if you have one lol) or other headphones that you have usesd in the past??

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

It looks really good tho

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I've used plenty of headphones and it blows them all out of the water. I'm not an audiophile (who tf even identifies that way...) but the sound is really good for the price (the black version is on sale right now). My only two complaints are 1) the cable is kinda unwieldy 2) I can't see how cool I look with the LED heaphones on :)

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for replying so quickly!! I will definitely take this as a consideration because that are in my budget and looks REALLY GOOD. Can you link me the link where the black version is on sale? Because I am looking for a white and black setup, so a black headphone wouldn't hurt either. And another thing, does this headphone come with a mic? It doesn't matter though, I already have a decent mic, but I just wanna know.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

SteelSeries Arctis 5 RBG - Black Yeah it has a mic that slides in and out of the left headphone, barely noticeable when retracted. The software is pretty good too, fully customizable.

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

OMG 75 BUCKS?!?!?!?!? PLUS RGB LIGHTNING??!!?! I am buying it. Just one question, will the headband be small, cause I have like an average sized head and Amazon has a lot of reviews on how it's too tight, uncomfortable after a hour, etc.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube