add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Convincing Someone to Build a PC

AverageGangMember

34 months ago

How do I convince one? He's saying he'll be "upgrading the pieces" when he ordered an FX-4300 and a GT 720 machine from Amazon.... I showed him this and he responds with "stfu im not a nerd at pc". The people in the group chat also are complete dumbasses for thinking it will be a really good PC for the price... I also ended up adding a fellow PCPP user into the mix and still couldn't convince him.

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 6 points

You cant help people that don't want to be helped.

• John Armstrong

If he doesn't want to listen to your advice, you have done all you can. If he doesn't want to listen, it'll be his problem down the road.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn, wish I had gotten this advice earlier. Mostly because of the drain of trying to help people who love to wallow in their own misery. Eventually I came to this conclusion on my own but it would have been so much easier to know this starting off.

So yeah, basically your friend being an idiot is his loss. If he wont listen, just reserve the right to laugh at him later when it doesn't work out.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 34 months ago
  • 2 points

How much is he paying for that garbage? If it's super cheap then, well, fine.

As others said, you can only offer your advice. If he doesn't want to take it, your job is done.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

$600 CDN

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Man even that is way too high. What a fool. I've experienced stuff like this before though (actually VERY similar to this). Sometimes people just need to fail for themselves.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Well some people are just narrow minded people that are unwilling to learn and want to take the easy way even if its much worse and will probably be twice as long in the long run. Also some people just don't want help no matter how bad they may need it, some of the builds on here are a great example of that.

If you really want to show how bad it is ask him to run a recent game at 1080P at medium settings and watch him play at best a slideshow and then go show on Youtube a custom built PC of the same price playing the game. Hopefully he will see how bad his PC is and will return it to Amazon. I think the only proof for him will be seeing.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "General > General Discussion".

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 3 points

Man, I don't want to come off as harsh, but it seems like you are non stop advertising without putting much concern into the topic.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 34 months ago
  • 1 point

It is still a pretty demanding game though considering its from 2013. Too bad no one will make a optimized, looking at you Ark, game that is super demanding like the original Crysis was.

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

yes

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

This is why I dont have friends

Oh really?

:p

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube