add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

On-Board Audio Quiet/Weak

Evil_Paroxysm
  • 36 months ago

My motherboard is the MSI X99 Titanium it boasts huge audio amps and claims it can power headphones with up to 600ohm impedance... However it sucks. Something is wrong. My audio is super weak, even with max settings everywhere and I can't figure it out. I was running MSI's Nahimic audio manager before and online it said to dump that for standard Realtek HD Audio Manager...I did. Audio is still super weak and its really annoying me. I am about to buy the Sennheiser GSX 1000 to solve the issue but would rather not have to if I don't need to.

So does anyone know why my audio would be disappointingly low and options I can try?

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

What headphones? Take the 600ohm rating with a gain of salt. They do not publish the actual specs for a reason.

Also was it always like this or did it go quiet recently?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Game Ones, nothing crazy. But since I have them its why I am deeply considering the new Sennheiser AMP designed for them.

It has been like this since I put the computer together.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems pricey for what it is. Power wise it's as capable as an iPhone 5 and I would assume the DAC is similar. Sennheiser has a some great products but also a lot of stuff mediocre stuff for the mainstream.

After the Schiit Fulla 2 came out the original Fulla dropped to $59. Should work great with the Game ones.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

It is pricey, I am working on a drop off of Mass Drop and its getting lots of love so we will see. I'd prefer the Sennheiser over a Schiit for a few reasons, even though I know Schiit is great. That Sennheiser is being praised on head fi for its 7.1 virtualization

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube