add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good Graphing Calculator for the cheapest price possible?

Cicero_
  • 35 months ago

Hey guys, Cicero once again (and still poor). I have finally hit a wall with my old Casio FX-155ES PLUS, and I think it's finally time to invest in a real graphing calculator for standardized testing. My only issue: they're all over $100 and my mom isn't willing to drop that much on a calculator. Can you guys either recommend be a cheap calculator that works with complex numbers, graphing equations, etc. or a good place to find used calculators that meet my needs?

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Can't recommend anything but its ******* ridiculous that they are still being sold for $100 while they haven't changed technology wise in nearly two decades.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd rather make a calculator out of a gameboy than a gameboy out of a calculator.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I got my 83+ in 2003 for the 6th grade and it was $100 then. Nuts they are still this expensive. I still have mine and it works flawlessly.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheap BLU phone + Wolfram alpha

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't. They don't allow phones on standardized tests lol.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Rip

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Bruh, it's a test lol.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Ti-83+ ?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

There was a discussion here on PCPP a few ago, I'm still in feet and inches and mm's and cm's and ..... but a Ti-83 or what was a common idea, went searching and couldn't find the thread.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

The computer

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

The standardized tests I'm taking don't use computers, and they don't allow computers or phones.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Try looking for a used TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-84 CE (Less likely to find), or a TI-84 Plus Silver edition. The TI-84s (CE and Silver) have color screens.

You could also try looking for other Casio models, but I'm guessing you might want to look elsewhere based on your experience.

They're all stupidly expensive new because they can be. Just because Texas Instruments has a monopoly on the education market.

[comment deleted]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I thought there was only 1 silver version.

[comment deleted]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you think of this? What's the difference between it and a Ti-84 Plus Silver?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Any Ti83/Ti84 would work great. Main differences are the higher versions are more powerful and have more storage (not needed anyway in your situation).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube