add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

jobs i can get with a computer science major?

Assassin240
  • 35 months ago

im in my second semester in college going for a computer science major, im just trying to figure out more of what I could do.

along with how could I try to get an internship somewhere? idk if anyone would know this but hey doesn't hurt to ask!

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Literally anything related to software development.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Go to your career center at your college and ask if they have any involvement with companies and university students. Lots of internships in my area are for people pursuing a BS in CS so you shouldn't have too much trouble, but it depends on your area.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

BS?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Bachelor of Science (B.S.)

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Couldn't help but laugh at this

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Neither could I :/

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to join some associations and organizations related to your field (preferably hold a leadership position), then form your own network. It's hard to find an internship unless you know people. Top companies also require a high GPA so you might want to keep that in mind.

Try to learn as much as possible from your classes and not just aim for a letter grade.

Also be sure to go to the career fairs.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

What area of the country do you live in?

I would suggest going into cybersecurity specifically in the Process Control Systems space in CIKR. This is one of the fastest growing, highest earning potential fields current emerging.

[comment deleted]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

most likely, I just need to see what other options might be out there ya know?

[comment deleted]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

dear god, so many options lol.

now just to figure out what id like, game developing seems incredibly hard but fun.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

It is both, yes.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube