add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC Part Picker should have a budget feature.

Dyljam1234
  • 43 months ago

I don't know if this is a thing, and if it is, I'm sorry, but imagine having PCPP limit you on what you can or can't buy! For example, if I'm building a $700 build, and I can spend $400 on a GPU, PCPP wouldn't show $800 GTX 1080s or other things above budget. This would make it so I could be positive that I'm below budget instead of needing to add the part, delete it, and try again.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/forum/1-site-feedback-and-feature-requests/

Could you please re-post here?

i really want to see this feature!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "General > Site Feedback And Feature Requests".

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

And also a feature of parametric selections where it will automatically select the highest end part that fits in your set capped budget. I think those features would be nice.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

What if a CPU fan is $5 more than your budget? Would you not spend another $5 just because PCPP didn't suggest it?

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I know that that is there, I meant as a whole, so you don't have to keep choosing parts too expensive. So as per my example before, if I had chosen the rest of my build except for a GPU, and had a budget of $700 and had $372 to spare, instead of being like "well, will a 1070 work? No. 1060 (yes I know it would but just go with it). No." PCPP would filter GPUs above $372 out and only show GPUs that can fit your budget. The budget could of course be adjusted.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 2 points

but.....math is hard..........

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

It would make the experience easier. And you could turn the feature essentially off by setting a budget of like $40,000

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube