Decided to build my wife her own PC (so she would stop using mine). Honestly, it all started when I found some unused RAM at work... then I got the itch to build a PC. This is how it ended up.
- A few of the components were leftover from upgrading my PC - SSD, R9 280X & HUE+
- Picked up the CPU cooler for $20 at Micro Center! Looks RGB!
- The motherboard was an open-box, discounted item so I got it for cheap but it was missing the CPU fan/heatsink retention brackets so I had to order a set off Amazon. With it being an AM4 B450 board, I can easily upgrade the CPU down the road.
- I got the case off of Facebook Marketplace. I thought it was a pretty good deal for this quality and it looks really good.
- I found the RAM at work after someone upgraded theirs.
- I needed a cheap power supply but wanted the wires to be wrapped with black sleeving. This was the right price and looks decent.
- I decided to get her a 27" monitor to match mine so no "who's is bigger" jokes since we share an office.